It takes a little time, but the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Lexington is to start comparing prices regularly from companies who can sell car insurance in Kentucky. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, try to understand coverages and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unacceptable credit score can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies. Get quotes now
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Ram coverage is available in Lexington. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The critical component of shopping around is to try to use the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to analyze every company you can. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who shop around for a cheaper policy will probably move their business because there is a good probability of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent auto insurance study discovered that drivers who compared rate quotes regularly saved on average $865 a year compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the best price on car insurance in Lexington is your intention, then having some insight into how to shop for insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Locating the best rates in Lexington can be much easier if you know how to start. If you currently have insurance, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using this strategy. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the proper way to get comparison rates using one simple form.
How You Can Control Dodge Ram Insurance Costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you know what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could result in big savings. Many different elements are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but some are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
- Do thieves like your car? – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
- Don’t abuse claims – Car insurance companies in Kentucky award the lowest premiums to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
Premiums drop with age – Teen drivers in Kentucky are statistically proven to be more careless with other occupants in the car therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.
The next chart is based on a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Better drivers pay less – Attentive drivers receive lower rates compared to bad drivers. Having a single citation can bump up the cost substantially. People who have careless citations such as DUI or reckless driving may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The illustration below illustrates how traffic citations and fender-benders impact Dodge Ram car insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The costs are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
The quickest method to compare policy rates for Dodge Ram insurance in Lexington is to realize most of the bigger providers pay for the opportunity to give rate comparisons. To get started, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like if you went to college, your credit rating estimate, driver ages, and whether you drive to work or school. That rating data is sent automatically to multiple car insurance providers and they return rate quotes immediately.
To compare rates for your Dodge Ram now, click here and enter the information requested.
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Lexington, KY. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Premium rates and analysis
The coverage table shown below outlines a range of policy rates for Dodge Ram models. Having insight into how insurance rates are determined can be valuable when making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$176||$276||$416||$24||$124||$1,016||$85|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$200||$336||$416||$24||$124||$1,100||$92|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$200||$336||$416||$24||$124||$1,100||$92|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$200||$336||$416||$24||$124||$1,100||$92|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$200||$336||$416||$24||$124||$1,100||$92|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$200||$336||$416||$24||$124||$1,100||$92|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$200||$336||$416||$24||$124||$1,100||$92|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$200||$336||$416||$24||$124||$1,100||$92|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$200||$336||$416||$24||$124||$1,100||$92|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$222||$396||$416||$24||$124||$1,182||$99|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$222||$396||$416||$24||$124||$1,182||$99|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$222||$396||$416||$24||$124||$1,182||$99|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$222||$396||$416||$24||$124||$1,182||$99|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$222||$396||$416||$24||$124||$1,182||$99|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$222||$396||$416||$24||$124||$1,182||$99|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$222||$396||$416||$24||$124||$1,182||$99|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$222||$396||$416||$24||$124||$1,182||$99|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$222||$396||$416||$24||$124||$1,182||$99|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$222||$456||$416||$24||$124||$1,242||$104|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$222||$456||$416||$24||$124||$1,242||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in your specific Lexington location which can increase or decrease rates considerably.
Why you need insurance
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability in order to be legal. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Dodge Ram, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects your Dodge Ram and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your Dodge gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Lexington overpays as much as $850 per year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Car insurance policy discounts for Dodge Ram insurance in Lexington
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might already qualify for some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but a few must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount since newer models are generally safer.
- Sign Early and Save – Select larger companies give a discount for switching companies before your current Ram insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Onboard Data Collection – Lexington drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to study their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Lexington auto insurance quote.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total Ram insurance premium.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a defensive driving course could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Good Student – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride. But all discounts will lower your policy premium.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The prices are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-theft, driver training, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, federal employee, and air bags.
- SAFECO offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, homeowner, anti-theft, multi-car, and teen safe driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple policy, anti-theft, driver’s education, passive restraint, and multiple autos.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, claim-free, accident-free, good driver, and good student.
- 21st Century may include discounts for good student, student driver, defensive driver, teen driver, and 55 and older.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
Check with all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not be offered in Lexington. To see a list of insurance companies who offer cheap Dodge Ram insurance quotes in Kentucky, follow this link.
Can’t I compare rates from local Lexington auto insurance agents?
A small number of people would rather get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower prices and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents in Lexington who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If you wish to quote rates from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an insurance company is decision based upon more than just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- How long has their agency been in business in Lexington?
If you want to use a good insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of agencies to choose from. Lexington agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent. Either type can do a good job, but it is important to understand how they differ because it can factor into the selection process.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are highly trained in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Lexington that are able to give price quotes.
David Lovejoy – State Farm Insurance Agent
125 Towne Center Dr #125 – Lexington, KY 40511 – (859) 266-2121 – View Map
Wallace Barber – State Farm Insurance Agent
340 E New Cir Rd #120 – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 543-0300 – View Map
Shelter Insurance – Dawan Hart
2050 Regency Rd – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 276-2661 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, it’s recommended you get some free quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Lexington who can help you get price quotes.
2408 Sir Barton Way # 375 – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 264-9400 – View Map
Energy Insurance Inc
3008 Atkinson Ave – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 273-1549 – View Map
Ky Insurance and Investment
1801 Alexandria Dr – Lexington, KY 40504 – (859) 373-1282 – View Map
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When quoting and choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. You are unique so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Be persistent and save
You just read a lot of information how to reduce Dodge Ram insurance auto insurance rates online in Lexington. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Dodge Ram rate quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Low-cost Dodge Ram insurance in Lexington is available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers sell through independent agents.
When shopping online for car insurance, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Lexington? (FAQ)
- How Much are Lexington Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lexington Car Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Lexington? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)