It’s hard to believe, but the majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average insurance premium being $2,100, Lexington drivers could cut their rates by almost $631 a year, but they don’t want to take the time to find affordable rates by getting comparison quotes.
The best way we recommend to find cheaper Suzuki XL-7 insurance is to compare prices annually from providers who sell auto insurance in Lexington.
- It will benefit you to learn about coverages and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that increase rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a substandard credit score can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper XL-7 coverage is available in Lexington. If you find a better price and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new agent or company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
A tip to remember is to make sure you enter identical coverages on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
If you’re already insured or want to find a cheaper company, follow these tips to buy cheaper insurance and still have adequate protection. Finding affordable insurance coverage in Lexington is quite easy. Drivers only have to learn the proper way to compare different rates instantly.
Most larger insurance companies give prices for coverage directly from their websites. Getting Suzuki XL-7 insurance prices online is fairly straightforward as you just enter your coverage information on the page. Behind the scenes, the company’s rating system automatically retrieves information on your driving record and credit history and generates pricing information. Quoting online for Suzuki XL-7 insurance in Lexington makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s very important to do this in order to get the most affordable premium on car insurance.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you enter the insurance coverages as shown on your current policy. This makes sure you will be getting an apples-to-apples comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Lexington, KY. In order to find cheap car insurance in KY, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Do you qualify for discounts on Suzuki XL-7 insurance in Lexington?
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but a few must be asked for before being credited. If you don’t get every credit available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as State Farm and Progressive will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds who allow their company to analyze driving habits by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Early Signing – Some auto insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current XL-7 insurance policy expiration. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- College Student Discount – Older children who are attending college and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Lexington car insurance quote in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
A list of companies and their possible discounts include:
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- MetLife offers discounts for defensive driver, good student, multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, and accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-policy, multi-car, location of vehicle, professional/association, good driver, and good student.
- Nationwide has discounts for family plan, easy pay, accident-free, good student, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, and defensive driving.
- GEICO has savings for multi-policy, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, driver training, daytime running lights, and emergency military deployment.
- AAA offers discounts including anti-theft, AAA membership discount, multi-car, pay-in-full, education and occupation, and good student.
When getting free Lexington car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent how you can save money. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in Lexington. For a list of insurers that offer multiple discounts in Kentucky, click here.
Find Cheaper Insurance with These Tips
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to better insurance rates.
- Liability insurance is peace of mind – Liability coverage is the protection if ever you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Never let your insurance policy lapse – Having a lapse in insurance coverage will be a guaranteed way to increase your insurance rates. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage can result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- Safer cars means lower rates – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you.
- Consolidating policies can get discounts – Many companies provide a discount to clients who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount, you may still want to compare other Lexington XL-7 insurance rates to guarantee you are still saving the most. Drivers may still save more without the discount by splitting coverages up.