Are you looking for more affordable Ford Five Hundred insurance in Lexington? When searching for more affordable insurance, are you intimidated by the dozens of auto insurance companies available to you? Many other people are too. There are so many options that it can easily turn into hard work to find a cheaper company. If you’ve ever been there, you know that Lexington is a great city to raise a family in, but expensive auto insurance premiums can make it nearly impossible to afford.
How to find lower priced Ford Five Hundred insurance in Lexington
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get cheaper Ford Five Hundred insurance in Lexington is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Kentucky.
First, get an understanding of auto insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources. View insurance agents
Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Lexington. If you can save some money and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on every quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
It’s a fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Drivers who compare rates annually will probably move their business because of the high probability of finding a lower rate. A recent survey discovered that people who routinely shopped around saved about $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding discount rates on car insurance in Lexington is your ultimate goal, then knowing how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
Best companies for Ford Five Hundred insurance
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Kentucky. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Get affordable rates on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Lexington with these discounts
Some companies don’t always list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Select auto insurance companies give a discount for switching to them prior to your current Five Hundred insurance policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of more than 20%.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Allstate and GEICO permit an accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-theft, defensive driver, seat belt use, driver training, and daytime running lights.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for multi-policy, good driver, low natural disaster claims, annual mileage, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including mature driver, early shopping, business and professional, electronic funds transfer, and alternative fuel.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for mature driver, multiple vehicles, anti-theft, student away at school, teen driver, and company car.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include teen driver discount, new move discount, new graduate, newly married, multi-car, and good student.
- SAFECO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, drive less, teen safe driver, safe driver, accident prevention training, and homeowner.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- USAA offers premium reductions for loyalty savings, new vehicle, annual mileage, vehicle storage, and family discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in your state.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agencies
Many people would prefer to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended A good thing about comparing car insurance online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from small agencies is definitely important in Lexington.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Car insurance agents in Lexington come in two varieties
If you need to find a good insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agents in Lexington are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents can quote rates with many companies and that allows them to write policies through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, you need to get several quotes from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also write with lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Lexington who may provide price quote information.
- Barnes Insurance Center
1202 Winchester Rd #100 – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 253-2728 – View Map
- Bray and Oakley Insurance Agency, Inc.
3061 Fieldstone Way – Lexington, KY 40513 – (859) 927-3743 – View Map
- Sullivan Insurance Agency
635 N Broadway – Lexington, KY 40508 – (859) 233-1637 – View Map
These agents are contracted to one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than low price.
The following are Lexington exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.
- Russ Tucker – State Farm Insurance Agent
1206 N Broadway – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 259-0404 – View Map
- State Farm: Mike Brownell
501 Darby Creek Rd – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 543-8454 – View Map
- Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance Fayette County – Versailles Rd
1316 Versailles Rd – Lexington, KY 40504 – (859) 253-1626 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Kentucky?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
You can lower your auto insurance rates
As you quote Lexington auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
More affordable auto insurance in Lexington is definitely available both online in addition to many Lexington insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not provide online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agencies.
In this article, we covered many ways to shop for Ford Five Hundred insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Lexington auto insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
How to find more affordable Ford Five Hundred insurance in Lexington
Truthfully, the best way to find cheaper quotes for car insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers in Lexington. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of auto insurance and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Five Hundred coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for your new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, keep the new certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Females in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lexington Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lexington Auto Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)