Confused by the sheer number of insurance choices in Lexington? Vehicle owners have so many choices to choose from that it can easily turn into a real difficult job to compare insurance rates on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance. Lexington is an excellent city in which to live, but budgeting for expensive insurance can make it hard to meet other financial obligations.
We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who shop around annually will presumably buy a different policy because there is a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A survey found that people who compared prices regularly saved over $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving money on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance is your goal, then knowing how to find companies and compare coverages can save time, money, and frustration.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes at least once a year because insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the lowest rate on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Lexington six months ago there may be better deals available now. You’ll find a ton of advice on SLS AMG insurance out there, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some proven techniques to buy insurance cheaper in Lexington.
The quickest method to compare rate quotes for Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Lexington is to take advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to compare rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide a little information including if it has an anti-theft system, your job, if you have an active license, and if you require a SR-22. The data is automatically sent to all major companies and they provide comparison quotes with very little delay.
To compare cheap Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance rates now, click here then complete the form.
The following companies offer price comparisons in Lexington, KY. To buy the cheapest auto insurance in Kentucky, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military could mean lower rates.
- Paperless Signup – Certain insurance companies give back up to $50 for completing your application on your computer.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Lexington and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Lexington car insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- American Family offers discounts for TimeAway discount, good driver, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, accident-free, Steer into Savings, and air bags.
- State Farm discounts include safe vehicle, student away at school, multiple policy, multiple autos, driver’s education, and defensive driving training.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for early bird, good student, defensive driver, automatic seat belts, and air bags.
- Travelers may include discounts for hybrid/electric vehicle, early quote, payment discounts, multi-policy, save driver, driver training, and good student.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for federal employee, anti-lock brakes, air bags, military active duty, and seat belt use.
If you need lower rates, check with each company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in Lexington. If you would like to choose from a list of providers with the best Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance discounts in Kentucky, click here.
When should I contact an agent?
Some people would rather visit with an insurance agent. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you can get better rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Lexington that can provide free Lexington car insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good provider requires more thought than just a low price. Any good agent in Lexington should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
The different types of auto insurance agents
If you want to buy car insurance from a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Lexington are either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only write with one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. A lot of people use the same agent mainly due to the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Lexington that are able to give rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Bryon Elkins
3101 Richmond Rd #311a – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 488-2531 – View Map
- David Lovejoy – State Farm Insurance Agent
125 Towne Center Dr #125 – Lexington, KY 40511 – (859) 266-2121 – View Map
- Dwight McCarty – State Farm Insurance Agent
3620 Walden Dr #211 – Lexington, KY 40517 – (859) 971-0266 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies do not sell for just one brand and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing car insurance prices, you will want to include price quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through lesser-known insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Lexington willing to provide rate quotes.
- Heritage Insurance Agency
3306 Clays Mill Rd #106 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 219-1122 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: McGuire Insurance Agency, Inc
185 Pasadena Dr Ste 235 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 268-2542 – View Map
- Al Torstrick Insurance Agency
343 Waller Ave #101 – Lexington, KY 40504 – (859) 233-1461 – View Map
What Impacts Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Insurance Costs?
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the factors that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that can earn you lower premium levels.
The items below are some of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
- Liability is cheap – The liability coverage on your policy is the coverage that protects you if you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. It is affordable coverage compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Stress out and pay more – Occupations such as fire fighters, police officers, and dentists tend to pay the highest average rates in part from intense work situations and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, jobs like farmers, students and performers pay the least.
- Annual miles is a factor – The more you drive your Mercedes-Benz in a year the more you will pay for car insurance. Most companies charge rates based upon how much you drive. Vehicles left parked in the garage receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. Make sure your policy shows the correct driver usage. A policy that improperly rates your SLS AMG is just wasting money.
- Bundle policies with the same company – Most major insurance companies give lower prices to policyholders who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you still need to compare Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG rates in Lexington to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Frequent claims will cost you more – If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies in Kentucky give cheaper rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Whether or not you get tickets has a huge affect on how much you pay. Having just one ticket can increase the cost of insurance by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with severe citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Pay lower rates after the wedding – Having a significant other actually saves money on your car insurance bill. Having a significant other translates into being more responsible and it’s proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG in Lexington, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your SLS AMG has a lienholder, almost all lenders will force you to buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Mercedes-Benz at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Mercedes-Benz and your personal assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Lexington is overpaying more than $825 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
One last thing about your coverage
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, delays in responding to claim requests, denial of a claim or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to compare Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance prices in Lexington. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Lexington car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best prices are with the least-expected company.
Lower-priced Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Lexington can be sourced both online and also from your neighborhood Lexington agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not provide internet price quotes and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
How to save on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Lexington
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get budget auto insurance rates in Lexington is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies in Kentucky.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that cause rate increases such as multiple speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the newly selected company. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
An essential thing to point out is to try to use similar coverage information on each quote request and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
Even more information can be read by following these links:
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Lexington Car Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Lexington? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lexington Auto Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)