Everyone knows that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who get comparison quotes once a year will probably buy a different policy because there is a high probability of finding more affordable rates. A study showed that drivers who regularly compared rates saved on average $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the best price on Lexus CT 200h insurance in Lexington is your target objective, then having a grasp of the best ways to find and compare auto insurance can save time and money.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get discount Lexus CT 200h insurance in Lexington is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Kentucky.
- Try to learn about car insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many rating factors that increase rates like at-fault accidents and your credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on every quote and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing more prices increases the chance that you will find more affordable insurance.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Kentucky. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Verify you’re getting every discount
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may find discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will be applied when you purchase, but a few must be asked for before being credited.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Paper-free Discount – Certain car insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on your computer.
- Early Switch Discount – Some car insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current CT 200h insurance policy. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple cars on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Putting coverage on a new CT 200h may earn a small discount since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings up to 30%.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a course in safe driver could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Lexington auto insurance quote.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best car insurance rates compared to accident-prone drivers.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Lexington, follow this link.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lexus has a loan, most banks will require you to carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Lexus at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Lexus and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $820 a year so compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers just want to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting small agencies is important especially in Lexington.
After completing this quick form, your information is submitted to companies in Lexington that provide free Lexington auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to find an agent as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Auto insurance agents in Lexington come in two varieties
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to include independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may have better rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Lexington that may be able to provide rate quotes.
- Heritage Insurance Agency
3306 Clays Mill Rd #106 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 219-1122 – View Map
- Carpenter-Warren Insurance Inc
271 W Short St # 304 – Lexington, KY 40507 – (859) 252-6691 – View Map
- Forcht Insurance Agency
2721 Old Rosebud Rd – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 335-0237 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well trained in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are Lexington exclusive insurance agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Bryon Elkins
3101 Richmond Rd #311a – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 488-2531 – View Map
- State Farm – Bob Pitman
851 Corporate Dr Ste 200 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 223-1191 – View Map
- John Parkhurst – State Farm Insurance
1795 Alysheba Way #2104 – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 264-4422 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Lexington?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?