If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get cheaper Volvo V60 insurance in Lexington is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers in Kentucky.
- Read about auto insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many things that cause high rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and an unacceptable credit score can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new company or agent. Be sure to place your new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and to quote with every company you can. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
A recent car insurance study revealed that the vast majority of car insurance customers in Kentucky have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Many drivers in the U.S. could save approximately $850 a year just by shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the big savings they would realize if they changed companies.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Lexington is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you have coverage now, you will be able to save money using the techniques covered below. Drivers just have to use how to shop for insurance from many companies at once.
Learn How to Find Auto Insurance for Less
Many different elements are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but other factors are more transparent like where you live or your vehicle rating. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the things that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that could result in better auto insurance rates.
- Avoid unnecessary extra policy coverages – Policies have additional extra coverages that can waste your money on your auto insurance policy. Add-on coverages like replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and membership fees may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
- Single vs. married – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates on your auto insurance policy. Marriage may mean you are more responsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Never let your auto insurance expire – Not maintaining insurance is a big no-no and companies may charge more for letting your coverage lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you fines and jail time.
- Don’t skimp on liability coverage – Liability insurance will provide protection in the event that you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Volvo V60 claim data – Insurance companies use statistical claims data when setting premium prices. Models that historically have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages. The next table illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Volvo V60 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is represented as 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Volvo V60 Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo V60 2WD 68 53 Volvo V60 4WD 136 75BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
The quickest method to compare car insurance company rates for Volvo V60 insurance in Lexington utilizes the fact car insurance companies participate in a system to compare their rates. The one thing you need to do is provide a little information such as deductibles desired, if a SR-22 is required, your job, and if your license is active. Your insurance information gets transmitted to multiple different insurance companies and you should receive rate quotes instantly.
To compare rates for your Volvo V60 now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Lexington.
The following companies are ready to provide price quotes in Kentucky. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Volvo V60 insurance, insurance is required in Kentucky but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your V60, most banks will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Volvo at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Volvo but also your financial assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $800 each year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to save money.
Lower rate quotes on Volvo V60 insurance in Lexington with these insurance discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be available discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts will apply when you purchase, but a few must be asked for before being credited. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a Lexington auto insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy early. It can save you around 10%.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for reduced rates.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction with some insurance companies.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like Allstate and GEICO allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
If you would like to see a list of providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Lexington, click here.
Shop online but buy locally
Some people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to participating agents in Lexington that give free quotes to get your business. There is no reason to do any legwork as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Picking an provider is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Kentucky?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- How long have they been in business?
Two types of Lexington auto insurance agents
If you are searching for a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agents in Lexington can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can write policy coverage, but it’s important to know how they are different since it may influence the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Lexington who can help you get price quotes.
Joe Daugherty – State Farm Insurance Agent
651 Perimeter Dr Ste 204 – Lexington, KY 40517 – (859) 269-4990 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you.
When shopping rates, you definitely need to get quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison.
Shown below are Lexington independent insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
Lexington car insurance companies ranked
Selecting a good quality car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Lexington. The rank data below may help you analyze which companies to look at putting your business with.
Top 10 Lexington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
- The Hartford – 87%
Top 10 Lexington Car Insurance Companies Overall
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
There’s no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Volvo V60?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Frequent quotes can save
Affordable Volvo V60 insurance in Lexington can be bought online in addition to many Lexington insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and these smaller companies work with local independent agencies.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal, unfair underwriting practices or poor customer service. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies is not as hard as you think.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to shop for Volvo V60 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)