It’s well known that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest rate are inclined to buy a new policy because there is a high probability of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey found that drivers who shopped around saved on average $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest price on Mazda 2 insurance in Lexington is your objective, then learning a little about the best way to shop and compare coverage rates can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
The best way to find the cheapest price for Mazda 2 insurance is to compare quotes annually from different companies who sell auto insurance in Lexington.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an imperfect credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for more ideas to prevent rate hikes and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources. Compare rates
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit a signed application and payment to your new insurance company. Once received, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
One thing to remember is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Best companies for affordable Mazda 2 insurance in Kentucky
The companies in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Kentucky. To find cheaper auto insurance in KY, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Smart Buyers Can Slash Their Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that help calculate the rates you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower insurance prices.
Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Some insurance companies allow better rates to policyholders that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to compare other Lexington 2 insurance rates to ensure the best deal.
Safer occupants lowers rates – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and reduced instances of injuries translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Do thieves like your car? – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
Cheaper rates for prior coverage – Going without insurance can be a quick way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time. You will then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Kentucky department of motor vehicles.
What are good liability coverage limits? – The liability coverage on your policy will afford coverage if a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Getting married is a bonus – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates on insurance. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Do you need those extra coverages? – There are quite a few additional extra coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, better glass coverage, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when discussing your needs, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
Expect high rates for teens – More mature drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable. Youthful drivers are statistically shown to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car so they pay higher insurance rates.
Don’t overlook these Mazda 2 insurance discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount available very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Military Rewards – Being on active deployment in the military can result in better premium rates.
- E-sign – Certain companies will give you a small discount simply for signing over the internet.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your next auto insurance statement.
- Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- College Student – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Lexington and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- Esurance offers discounts for Switch & Save, anti-lock brakes, online shopper, multi-policy, and online quote.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for vehicle fuel type, air bag, anti-theft, good student, and driver training.
- AAA may have discounts that include multi-car, pay-in-full, anti-theft, good student, education and occupation, good driver, and AAA membership discount.
- GEICO offers discounts including military active duty, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, defensive driver, and good student.
- State Farm may include discounts for good student, multiple autos, multiple policy, good driver, and driver’s education.
If you need lower rates, check with each company which discounts can lower your rates. Savings might not be offered everywhere. If you would like to view insurers that offer some of these discounts in Lexington, click here.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Lexington car insurance agents?
A lot of people still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is OK! Good agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this simple form, the coverage information is sent to participating agents in Lexington that can give you free Lexington car insurance quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing an provider requires you to look at more than just the price. Any agent in Lexington should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
Insurance agent types
If you are wanting to find a local agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agents are considered either independent or exclusive. Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s important to point out why they differ because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Lexington who can help you get price quotes.
- Russ Tucker – State Farm Insurance Agent
1206 N Broadway – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 259-0404 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Bryon Elkins
3101 Richmond Rd #311a – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 488-2531 – View Map
- Dwight McCarty – State Farm Insurance Agent
3620 Walden Dr #211 – Lexington, KY 40517 – (859) 971-0266 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing car insurance prices, it’s recommended you get insurance quotes from independent agents to maximize your price options. They often place coverage with small mutual carriers which can save you money.
Shown below are Lexington independent agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- G.L. Herndon Insurance Agency
2220 Executive Dr #203 – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 286-7094 – View Map
- Barnes Insurance Center
1202 Winchester Rd #100 – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 253-2728 – View Map
- Neely Taylor-Wade Insurance
133 Walton Ave – Lexington, KY 40508 – (859) 233-7855 – View Map
After you get positive feedback and a low price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that is a good match to adequately provide car insurance. Just understand that it’s your policy and you can cancel a policy whenever you want so don’t think that you are obligated to any specific agency for any length of time.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- What if I total my Mazda 2 and owe more than it’s worth?
- Is my Mazda 2 covered for smoke damage?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Shop smart and save
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, being labeled a high risk driver, policy cancellation and not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, switching insurance companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut full coverage only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
We just presented a lot of information how to find affordable Mazda 2 insurance in Lexington. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
To learn more, link through to these articles:
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female in Lexington? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Females in Lexington? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Good Credit in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lexington Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Lexington? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Lexington? (FAQ)
- How Much are Lexington Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Lexington, KY? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)