Inconceivable but true, the vast majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never compared rates with other companies. Most drivers in Kentucky could save up to 30% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rates.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies that insure vehicles in Lexington.
- Try to comprehend how auto insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher prices like traffic violations and a negative credit score can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to help reduce premium rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new coverage. As soon as you receive it, keep the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
If you have a policy now or just want to reduce your rates, you can follow these tips to reduce premiums and still get good coverage. Shopping for the most affordable protection in Lexington is simple if you know the tricks. Smart shoppers only need an understanding of the fastest way to compare rates online.
How to find cheap Lexus RX 400h insurance in Lexington
The car insurance companies shown below provide quotes in Lexington, KY. To buy the best cheap car insurance in Kentucky, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why car insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Lexus RX 400h insurance, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your RX 400h, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Lexus at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards your Lexus and your assets. It will also cover medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having car insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Lexington overpays as much as $850 per year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Don’t neglect these discounts on Lexus RX 400h insurance in Lexington
Car insurance companies don’t always list every discount very well, so we took the time to find a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on RX 400h insurance in Lexington.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your auto insurance provider.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Organization Discounts – Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your bill.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children living away from Lexington attending college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Seniors may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Lexington Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Lexington may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Multi-line Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
You can save money using discounts, but most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any amount of discount will cut the premium cost.
Larger auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, passive restraint, and Drive Safe & Save.
- American Family has savings for good driver, multi-vehicle, air bags, accident-free, Steer into Savings, and TimeAway discount.
- AAA may offer discounts for education and occupation, good driver, pay-in-full, anti-theft, multi-car, AAA membership discount, and good student.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, air bags, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for type of vehicle, accident-free, low natural disaster claims, location of vehicle, good driver, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for good student, early shopping, teen driver, multi-car, business and professional, and distant student.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in every state.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When buying your policy, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Lexus RX 400h?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.