Sad but true, the majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Many consumers in Lexington can cut their rates by up to $600 a year just by shopping around, but they don’t believe how much savings they would realize if they switched.
Really, the only way to get budget auto insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from different companies in Lexington. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Read and learn about car insurance and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a poor credit score can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Tell your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit a signed application and payment to your new agent or company. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. Doing this enables a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
Choosing the best rates in Lexington seems hard but is not really that difficult. In a nutshell, every person who needs more affordable car insurance will most likely find a lower-cost policy. Nevertheless, Kentucky drivers must comprehend how insurance companies calculate your policy premium and take advantage of how the system works.
Best companies for Lexus NX 300h insurance
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Kentucky. In order to find cheap car insurance in Kentucky, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Rates
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but others are less apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. When buying insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
Save money by raising coverage deductibles – Your deductibles tell how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage insurance, also called ‘full coverage’, protects your car from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered are colliding with a stationary object, vandalism, and having a roll-over accident. The more damage repair cost the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
Mature drivers save more – Mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations. Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates.
Lower premiums with GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Buying a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Safer occupants lowers prices – Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety have better occupant injury protection and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you.
Get better rates if married – Having a significant other helps lower the price on insurance. Marriage is viewed as being more responsible and insurance companies like that married couples file fewer claims.
Do you work long hours in a demanding occupation? – Occupational choices like real estate brokers, executives, and financial analysts tend to have higher premium rates in part from stressful work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, occupations like actors, engineers and the unemployed receive lower rates.
Discount Lexington insurance quotes
Some insurance providers don’t list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Lexington auto insurance online.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Save over 55 – Seniors could receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select insurance companies give a discount for buying a policy early. Ten percent is about the average savings.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Some companies that may offer policyholders these benefits are:
When getting free Lexington auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. To see a list of providers that offer many of these discounts in Kentucky, follow this link.
Insurance agents can help
Many drivers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this short form, the quote information is emailed to companies in Lexington that give free quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurance company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Lexington should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Lexington?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance policy providers may be either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand name rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Lexington who can help you get price quote information.
- State Farm: Gina Hopper
115 S Locust Hill Dr #107 – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 268-6998 – View Map
- Dwight McCarty – State Farm Insurance Agent
3620 Walden Dr #211 – Lexington, KY 40517 – (859) 971-0266 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Joshua Williams
2240 Executive Dr Ste 103 – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 243-0162 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not write with just one company so they can write business through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, it’s recommended you check rates from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. Many independent agencies also insure through lesser-known insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Lexington who can help you get price quotes.
- Nicole Wright Insurance Agency
169 E Reynolds Rd #102 – Lexington, KY 40517 – (859) 971-0221 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Tim Hamilton Insurance Agency Inc
401 Lewis Hargett Cir #130 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 276-1234 – View Map
- Reynolds Insurance Agency Inc
1500 Leestown Rd #160 – Lexington, KY 40511 – (859) 412-4636 – View Map
In the end, you can save money
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to compare Lexus NX 300h insurance premium rates in Lexington. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from a small local company.
As you quote Lexington auto insurance, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
More affordable auto insurance in Lexington is definitely available online and also from your neighborhood Lexington agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not have online rate quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Cheap Lexington Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Impreza? (FAQ)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)