The best way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates in Lexington is to compare prices annually from providers that sell auto insurance in Kentucky.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for additional ideas to find cheap prices and find missing discounts.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on IS 200t insurance. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new agent or company. Once the application is submitted, place the new certificate of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to compare identical coverage information on every quote and and to get rates from every insurance company. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
It’s shocking but the vast majority of auto insurance customers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates from other carriers. Kentucky drivers can cut their rates by up to 30% a year by just shopping around, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rates online.
If you have insurance now or just want cheaper coverage, you can use these tips to save money and still get good coverage. The purpose of this article is to let you in on the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance. Smart shoppers just need to use the proper methods to compare prices from multiple carriers.
Buy Lexington Lexus IS 200t insurance online
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Kentucky. To buy cheap auto insurance in Kentucky, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Take policy discounts and save on Lexus IS 200t insurance in Lexington
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but some need to be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Lexington car insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- E-sign – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount get Lexington car insurance on their website.
- Good Grades Discount – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will positively reduce your policy cost.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- State Farm has savings for Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, safe vehicle, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good student.
- GEICO may offer discounts for air bags, federal employee, membership and employees, driver training, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including exclusive group savings, good student, preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, and newly married.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for good student, defensive driver, driver training, bundle, and vehicle fuel type.
- MetLife discounts include good driver, good student, claim-free, accident-free, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
When quoting, ask every company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in Lexington.
Local Lexington insurance agencies
A lot of people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheaper rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Lexington who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents because prices are sent to you directly. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Lexington should be willing to answer these questions.
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Lexington?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Lexington?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
Below are agents in Lexington that can give you price quotes for Lexus IS 200t insurance in Lexington.
- Kentucky Insurance Group-Joe Downs
989 Governors Ln – Lexington, KY 40513 – (859) 277-8877 – View Map
- Bill Rea – State Farm Insurance Agent
138 E Reynolds Rd #102 – Lexington, KY 40517 – (859) 273-7373 – View Map
- Forcht Insurance Agency
2721 Old Rosebud Rd – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 335-0237 – View Map
- Triad Insurance Agency, Inc.
1216 S Broadway – Lexington, KY 40504 – (859) 255-0806 – View Map
Why Your Insurance Prices might be higher
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that go into determining the price you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower insurance prices. Many factors are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
- Single drivers may pay more – Getting married actually saves money on your policy. Having a spouse is viewed as being more responsible and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
- Age of drivers impacts premiums – More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets. Inexperience drivers have been known to be less responsible when driving so insurance rates are higher.
- Costs also based on gender – Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men cause auto accidents at about the same rate, but males cause more damage. They also get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident so it costs more to insure them.
- Your employer and insurance rates – Occupations like real estate brokers, police officers, and stock brokers generally have higher rates than the rest of us in part from intense work situations and lots of time spent away from family. Other professions such as farmers, engineers and retirees receive lower rates.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Lexus IS 200t in Lexington, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Lexus at a more expensive rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your Lexus. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Lexus gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your IS 200t are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Kentucky is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Car insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with the right insurance company is hard considering how many companies sell insurance in Kentucky. The ranking data listed below can help you select which coverage providers you want to consider shopping prices with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Find affordable car insurance rates by comparing often
The cheapest Lexus IS 200t insurance in Lexington can be sourced on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents.
You just learned a lot of tips how to get a better price on Lexus IS 200t insurance in Lexington. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
As you quote Lexington car insurance, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
Additional detailed information is available by following these links:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Lexington Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)