The best way to find cheaper quotes for car insurance rates in Lexington is to compare prices annually from providers who provide auto insurance in Kentucky.
- Read about what is in your policy and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that increase rates like traffic violations and bad credit can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One important bit of advice is to use the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. This provides a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s a fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who shop around for better prices are inclined to switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding better rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who regularly shopped around saved $850 each year compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding discount rates on Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance is the reason you’re here, then learning a little about how to find companies and compare insurance can make the process more efficient.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Lexington is actually very simple if you learn how to start. If you have insurance now, you will surely be able to find the best rates using the techniques covered below. Drivers just need to know the best way to compare rate quotes online.
Best companies for Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Lexington, KY. To buy cheap auto insurance in KY, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Rates and statistics
The information shown below highlights a range of coverage prices for Jeep Grand Cherokee models. Having a good understanding how rate quotes are calculated can help you make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$280||$524||$440||$26||$132||$1,402||$117|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$280||$524||$440||$26||$132||$1,402||$117|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$316||$616||$440||$26||$132||$1,530||$128|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$316||$616||$440||$26||$132||$1,530||$128|
|Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$316||$616||$440||$26||$132||$1,530||$128|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in garaging location in Lexington which can lower or raise auto insurance rates considerably.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates in Lexington
The diagram below shows how traffic citations and at-fault accidents increase Jeep Grand Cherokee annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The premiums are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Jeep Grand Cherokee full coverage rates compared to liability only
The information below compares Jeep Grand Cherokee auto insurance costs with and without full coverage. The data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no set guideline to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Jeep Grand Cherokee book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $800 a year to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Lexington insurance discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Driving Data Discount – Lexington drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to spy on their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 get Lexington car insurance on their website.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can get you a discount because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Jeep Grand Cherokee yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for continuous insurance, good student, student away at school, save driver, multi-car, new car, and IntelliDrive.
- 21st Century has savings for teen driver, early bird, driver training, theft prevention, and homeowners.
- State Farm offers discounts for driver’s education, multiple policy, student away at school, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, and good student.
- SAFECO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-car, bundle discounts, safe driver, anti-theft, and homeowner.
- AAA may have discounts that include good driver, pay-in-full, good student, education and occupation, multi-policy, anti-theft, and AAA membership discount.
If you need low cost Lexington car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in Lexington. For a list of providers with discount rates in Lexington, click here.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
When it comes to coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique and your car insurance should be unique as well. For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Kentucky?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Kentucky?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Does my Jeep Grand Cherokee need full coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance quotes from local Lexington insurance agents
A lot of people just want to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Professional agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheaper auto insurance rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to companies in Lexington who want to provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Selecting an provider requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Does the company have a local claim office in Lexington?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- How many years have they been established?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
Exclusive and independent Lexington auto insurance agents
If you would like to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Lexington agents can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s important to know why they differ because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Lexington willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s recommended you compare prices from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below are Lexington independent agencies willing to provide price quote information.
Triad Insurance Agency, Inc.
1216 S Broadway – Lexington, KY 40504 – (859) 255-0806 – View Map
Quote more to save more
Lower-priced auto insurance in Lexington can be bought both online in addition to many Lexington insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not offer price quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to lower your Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance rates in Lexington. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Lexington car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
When you buy Lexington car insurance online, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Lexington Auto Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lexington Auto Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)