A recent survey discovered that the vast majority of consumers in Kentucky have remained with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Many drivers in America could save nearly $850 each year just by shopping around, but they don’t know how much they could save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find discount auto insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers that sell auto insurance in Lexington. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to understand how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that drive up the price like at-fault accidents and bad credit can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. Get quotes now
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper M35 coverage is available in Lexington. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Slash rates with these rate reducing discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize all available discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Lexington auto insurance online.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring multiple cars or trucks with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings up to 30%.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Buy New and Save – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Sign Online – Many larger companies give back up to $50 for completing your application digitally online.
- Good Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Lexington auto insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Memberships – Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
- Distant Student – Older children living away from Lexington attending college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Infiniti M35 auto insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few companies that may offer policyholders some of the discounts shown above include:
Check with every company to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in Lexington. To locate providers with the best discounts in Kentucky, click this link.
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in Lexington, KY. To find cheaper car insurance in Kentucky, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Insurance analysis for an Infiniti M35
The coverage table below covers estimates of insurance rates for Infiniti M35 models. Learning as much as possible about how policy premiums are established can aid in making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|M35 X AWD 4-Dr||$272||$554||$314||$18||$94||$1,252||$104|
|M35 4-Dr Sedan||$272||$554||$314||$18||$94||$1,252||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in garaging location in Lexington which can raise or lower insurance rates considerably.
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can influence Infiniti M35 insurance premiums for different age categories. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Do you need full coverage?
The information below shows the difference between Infiniti M35 insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There isn’t a written rule to delete full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Infiniti M35 replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $500 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
How do Insurance Companies Determine Infiniti M35 Insurance Premiums?
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that come into play when calculating insurance rates. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower premium levels.
- Liability coverage limits on your policy – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage is the protection in the event that a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Policies have extra bells and whistles that you can buy on your insurance policy. Coverages for roadside assistance, accident forgiveness, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea at first, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Small claims can cost you – Car insurance companies in Kentucky generally give the lowest premiums to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
Fast cars cost more to insure – The type of car you are insuring makes a big difference in your rates. The cheapest insurance rates tend to be for smaller low performance passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The following chart is based on a single female driver age 20, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Infiniti M35 rates compared to other vehicles that have a range of risk factors.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
- Pay more out-of-pocket – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define how much you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, vandalism, or theft of your vehicle. The more damage repair cost you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Insurance is expensive for younger drivers – Young drivers in Kentucky have a tendency to get distracted easily when behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher. Having to add a first-time driver onto your insurance will cause a huge premium hike. Older drivers are more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers.
The chart below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Accidents can increase prices – Just one citation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers with serious citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
The information below demonstrates how speeding tickets and accidents influence Infiniti M35 car insurance costs for different insured age categories. Data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to talk to an insurance agency
A small number of people would rather sit down with an agent and that is just fine! Experienced insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Lexington that can provide free Lexington auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Lexington for you
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they operate. Lexington agents are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Lexington that can give you price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you will definitely want to compare prices from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection.
Shown below are Lexington independent insurance agencies that can give you rate quotes.
Al Jones Insurance Agency
274 Southland Dr, Suite #106A – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 276-0400 – View Map
Insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Infiniti M35 in Lexington, insurance is mandatory in Kentucky but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your M35, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Infiniti for a lot more money and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so you should quote and compare rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
As you quote Lexington auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an insured cut physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper Infiniti M35 insurance in Lexington is definitely available on the web in addition to many Lexington insurance agents, so get free Lexington auto insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
To learn more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Lexington Car Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lexington Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)