How many times have you told yourself to find lower-priced car insurance rates in Lexington, KY? Lexington buyers have lots of choices when searching for low-cost Hyundai Ioniq insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents to compare prices or save time using the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy car insurance so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to price shop coverage for a Hyundai and locate the best price possible.
Six Tips to Get Lower-cost Lexington Insurance Premiums
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that are used to determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower rates. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but others are less apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
- Add-on coverages you don’t use – Insurance policies have a lot of add-on coverages that may not really be needed but may not be useful. Things like coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. They may seem good initially, but now you might not need them so remove them and pocket the money.
- How much liability do you need? – Liability insurance kicks in in the event that you are determined to be liable for damages from an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Your occupation may affect rates – Occupations such as judges, air traffic controllers, and emergency personnel generally have higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from job stress and long work days. Other occupations such as professors, engineers and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
- Getting married is a good thing – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount compared to being single. Having a spouse means you’re more stable financially and insurance companies like that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Accidents are costly – Getting just one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who get serious tickets like DUI or reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Bad credit will cost you – An insured’s credit history will be a significant factor in determining premium rates. So if your credit score could use some work, you may save money insuring your Hyundai Ioniq if you clean up your credit. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower credit ratings.
Discounts for cheap auto insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t always list the entire discount list very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on auto insurance.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less may allow you to get lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Ioniq can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Good Student – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors may receive better auto insurance rates.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a safe driver course may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
To locate auto insurance companies that offer discounts in Lexington, click here to view.
Affordable auto insurance is out there
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost.
You just learned many tips how you can find lower-cost Hyundai Ioniq insurance in Lexington. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Lexington auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Steps to finding cheaper Hyundai Ioniq insurance in Lexington
The recommended way to find more affordable Hyundai Ioniq insurance in Lexington is to compare prices regularly from providers in Kentucky. This can be done by completing these steps.
- First, get an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many factors that cause rate increases like your driving record and a poor credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate in Lexington. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, tell your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a completed application to your new carrier. Once received, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A crucial key to this process is to use the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get prices from every company you can. This guarantees a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
Much more information about auto insurance in Kentucky is located on the following sites:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Electric Cars in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)