It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who get price comparisons are inclined to switch insurance companies because the odds are good of finding better rates. A study discovered that consumers who shopped around saved as much as $850 each year compared to policyholders who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest price for insurance is the reason you’re here, then having a good understanding how to choose a company and compare coverages can help you be more efficient.
The best way we recommend to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from companies in Lexington.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many things that cause rate increases such as distracted driving and a substandard credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for information to get cheaper coverage and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The most important part of this process is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get quotes from all possible companies. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Most of the larger companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm give insurance quotes online. Doing online quotes for Chevy Trax insurance in Lexington is pretty painless as you just type in the coverages you want into a form. After you submit the form their system makes automated requests for your credit score and driving record and quotes a price. The ability to get online quotes for Chevy Trax insurance in Lexington makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to do this if you are searching for the cheapest price possible.
In order to find out if lower rates are available, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you replicate your coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This way, you will get an apples-to-apples comparison based on identical coverages.
The car insurance companies shown below offer price comparisons in Kentucky. In order to find cheap car insurance in Kentucky, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Car insurance is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Trax in Lexington, car insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Trax, most banks will require that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Chevy and your personal assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance policy discounts for Chevy Trax insurance in Lexington
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the more common and the more hidden discounts that may be available. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Lexington car insurance quote.
- Sign Early and Save – A few larger companies allow discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Trax insurance policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Accident Free – Lexington drivers who stay claim-free pay much less in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Popular insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, theft prevention, 55 and older, teen driver, good student, and early bird.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, accident-free, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good student.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, pay-in-full, multi-policy, education and occupation, and AAA membership discount.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including safety features, teen driver discount, newly retired, new vehicle discount, multi-policy, and good student.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, online signing, and online quote discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not apply to policies in Lexington.
Auto insurance agents near you
Certain consumers still like to buy from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find better rates and also buy local.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you instantly. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best provider requires more thought than just the price. Any agent in Lexington should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
If you would like to find a local Lexington insurance agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures to choose from. Lexington agents can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Lexington that can give you price quote information.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents are appointed with more than one company so they can quote policies with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing car insurance prices, you definitely need to compare quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Lexington willing to provide rate quotes.
Al Jones Insurance Agency
274 Southland Dr, Suite #106A – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 276-0400 – View Map
Nicole Wright Insurance Agency
169 E Reynolds Rd #102 – Lexington, KY 40517 – (859) 971-0221 – View Map
After you get good responses to all your questions and cheap Trax insurance quotes, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that can be trusted to insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind you are able to terminate your policy at any time so don’t think that you are permanently stuck with a specific agent for a certain time period.
When to get professional advice
When quoting and comparing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your financial needs are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Is my Chevy Trax covered if I use it for business?
- What is GAP insurance?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
How to find a good Lexington car insurance company
Picking the right insurance company is difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Lexington. The company ratings in the lists below may help you analyze which insurers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Lexington Car Insurance Companies Overall
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Lexington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- The Hartford
The best rates come from being thorough
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to save on Chevy Trax insurance in Lexington. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Lexington car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small local company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an insured dropped liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Much more information about auto insurance in Kentucky is located at the links below
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Who Has Affordable Lexington Car Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)