Think you have high-priced Acura TLX insurance in Lexington? It’s a common feeling and there are lots of people in the same boat.
A study showed that a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Most drivers in Kentucky could save up to $600 every year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rate quotes online. Big-name insurance companies like GEICO and Progressive increase brand awareness with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to see through the deception and do the work needed to find the best deal.
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Kentucky. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Kentucky, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
Car insurance just makes sense
Despite the high insurance cost for a Acura TLX in Lexington, car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Acura for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
Third, car insurance preserves both your Acura TLX and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Acura gets damaged, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Discounts for affordable auto insurance rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can drop the cost substantially. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Accident Free – Lexington drivers who stay claim-free pay much less compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Multi-car Discount – Having primary and secondary vehicles on the same auto insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because it requires personal responsibility.
- Membership in Organizations – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Lexington could qualify you for a break on auto insurance.
- Paper-free Discount – A few insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Lexington car insurance on the internet.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A few companies who may offer some of the discounts shown above are:
If you are trying to find inexpensive Lexington car insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Lexington. To see a list of insurers that offer discounts in Kentucky, click here.
When to contact an insurance agency
Many drivers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Most agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Lexington who want to provide quotes for your business. There is no reason to find an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right company shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How long have they been in business?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
The difference between Lexington auto insurance agents
If you’re trying to find local Lexington agents, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Lexington are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s good to learn why they differ since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are contracted to one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Lexington who can help you get price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured.
When shopping rates, you definitely need to get several quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following are independent agencies in Lexington that can give you rate quotes.
Nicole Wright Insurance Agency
169 E Reynolds Rd #102 – Lexington, KY 40517 – (859) 971-0221 – View Map
Boggs Insurance Agency, Inc.
1353 W Main St # 2 – Lexington, KY 40508 – (859) 977-2055 – View Map
Do I just need basic coverages?
When quoting and choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Acura TLX?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Quote often and quote early
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an insured dropped full coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Cost effective Acura TLX insurance is possible online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not have online quoting and most of the time these smaller providers sell through independent agencies.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like denial of a claim, policy cancellation, unfair underwriting practices and even not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Steps to saving on Acura TLX insurance in Lexington
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get affordable Acura TLX insurance in Lexington is to regularly compare prices from different companies who can sell car insurance in Kentucky.
- Gain an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like distracted driving and a less-than-favorable credit history can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies. View companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper TLX coverage is available in Lexington. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to look at every insurance company. Doing this provides a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
More detailed car insurance information is available in the articles below:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lexington Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lexington Car Insurance Quotes for Felons? (FAQ)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)