It’s shocking but most drivers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. The average driver in Kentucky can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they won’t spend time to find cheap car insurance rates.
The preferred way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from different companies who sell auto insurance in Lexington. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of how car insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that are responsible for high rates like accidents, traffic violations, and an imperfect credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies. View a list of agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Vibe coverage is available in Lexington. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a signed application for the new coverage. Once the application is submitted, put the new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to compare every insurance company. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
If you currently have insurance, you will definitely be able to save money using these techniques. This article’s intent is to familiarize you with the best way to quote coverages and also pocket some savings But Kentucky consumers can benefit by having an understanding of how companies set your policy premium and use this information to your advantage.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes from auto insurance companies in your area. The quickest method to find competitive Pontiac Vibe insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes. When quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing all the rates in your area increases the chance that you will find more affordable rates. Not every company provides online price quotes, so it’s necessary to compare rates from them as well.
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Kentucky. To get the best cheap car insurance in Kentucky, we recommend you click on several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Here’s why car insurance is not optional
Even though Lexington Vibe insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Pontiac has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Pontiac for a much higher rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Rates and data analysis
The rate information displayed next outlines different policy rates for Pontiac Vibe models. Understanding more about how insurance premiums are determined is important for you to make informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location which can impact premium rates noticeably.
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can affect Pontiac Vibe premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The premiums assume a married female driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be inquired about before being credited.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Switch and Save Discount – Select larger companies give a discount for buying a policy early. You could save around 10% when you buy Lexington auto insurance online.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver’s education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Data Collection Discounts – Lexington drivers who agree to allow data collection to look at driving manner by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
The diagram below shows the difference between Pontiac Vibe car insurance costs with and without discounts. The information is based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- GEICO offers discounts for driver training, multi-policy, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for anti-theft, accident-free, good driver, annual mileage, low natural disaster claims, multi-car, and professional/association.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for homeowner, good student, bundle discounts, early shopping, pay in full, multi-car, and alternative fuel.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including mature driver, safe vehicle, teen driver, paperless, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include new move discount, new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, multi-policy, and newly retired.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for anti-theft, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, multi-car, drive less, and teen safe driver.
- Progressive has savings for good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, and online signing.
- USAA may have discounts that include driver training, good student, family discount, vehicle storage, loyalty savings, and safe driver.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company how many discounts you can get. Discounts may not be available in Lexington. For a list of insurers that offer many of these discounts in Kentucky, click here to view.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When selecting insurance from an agent or online, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.