When shopping for lower-priced insurance, do you get confused by the wide range of insurance choices available to you? Lot’s of other drivers are too. You have so many options that it can easily become a difficult challenge to find the best rates for Kia Spectra insurance in Lexington. Lots of people think Lexington is an excellent city in which to live, but the high premiums for insurance makes it impossible to be able to buy decent coverage.
It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Drivers who do rate comparisons will, in all likelihood, switch companies because there is a good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent study showed that people who shopped around saved over $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest rates on Kia Spectra insurance is your intention, then having a good understanding the best ways to shop for coverages can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
It’s important to check insurance prices once or twice a year because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the lowest quotes on Kia Spectra insurance in Lexington on your last policy there is a good chance you can find better rates now. You can find a lot of information about Spectra insurance online but you can learn the easiest ways to quit paying high insurance rates in Lexington.
Locating the best rates in Lexington can be made easier if you know where to look. If you have insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your rates using this information. Although Kentucky consumers must know how companies calculate their prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
How to buy Kia Spectra insurance online
When shopping for cheaper Lexington auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from many available insurance companies in Kentucky. One of the best ways to comparison shop is simply to get online rate quotes.
Keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes provides better odds of finding more affordable insurance. Not every company does rate quotes online, so you need to compare price estimates from them, too.
The following companies have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Kentucky. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in KY, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Discount Lexington car insurance quotes
Some companies don’t always list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of more than 20%.
- Lexington Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any qualifying discounts should help lower the cost of your policy.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are:
- American Family offers discounts for air bags, mySafetyValet, accident-free, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Nationwide offers discounts including easy pay, accident-free, good student, Farm Bureau membership, and anti-theft.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including good student, claim-free, good driver, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- 21st Century includes discounts for homeowners, defensive driver, student driver, automatic seat belts, teen driver, 55 and older, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for youthful driver, early shopping, good student, teen driver, and homeowner.
- Allstate may have discounts that include farm vehicle, new car, 55 and retired, teenSMART discount, early signing, senior citizen, and passive restraint.
If you need inexpensive Lexington auto insurance quotes, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not apply in every state. To see insurers that offer multiple discounts in Kentucky, click here to view.
Which auto insurance company is best in Kentucky?
Picking a good quality car insurance provider is hard considering how many companies provide coverage in Kentucky. The ranking information in the lists below could help you choose which coverage providers you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Lexington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Lexington Car Insurance Companies Overall
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
Informed Drivers Save More
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other criteria are less apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you know what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower premium levels.
Listed below are some of the items companies use to determine rates.
- Insurance policy lapses raise rates – Not having insurance can get you a ticket and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance expire. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Kentucky motor vehicle department.
- Premiums drop with age – More experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations. Youthful drivers have a tendency to be more careless behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- Car insurance liability insurance limits – The liability section of your policy provides coverage in the event that you are found liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Marriage can lower prices – Walking down the aisle may cut your premiums on your policy. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Fewer miles means better rates – The more you drive your Kia in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies rate vehicles based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that are left in the garage can be on a lower rate level than cars that get driven a lot. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance declarations sheet is rated on the correct driver usage. An incorrectly rated Spectra is throwing money out the window.
- Vehicle theft costs us all – Selecting a car model with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Theft deterrent systems like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help prevent car theft.
- Higher premiums for demanding vocations – Occupations like real estate brokers, police officers, and stock brokers usually pay the highest average rates due to intense work-related stress and long work hours. On the other hand, professions such as actors, historians and homemakers have the lowest average rates.