Unimaginable but true, the majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Most drivers in Kentucky can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they underestimate the amount of money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
The easiest way to get budget Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance is to compare prices once a year from providers in Lexington. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Gain an understanding of what is in your policy and the things you can change to lower rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a signed application and payment for your new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
A good tip to remember is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to compare all possible companies. This enables a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Quoting the best-priced coverage in Lexington is not as confusing as people think. If you have a policy now or need a new policy, use these cost-cutting techniques to find better prices while maintaining coverages. Drivers just have to learn the most time-saving way to compare price quotes online.
Components of Your Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid Insurance Costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that are used to determine the rates you pay for insurance. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better insurance rates. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but some are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
Consider raising physical damage deductibles – The deductibles are how much you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are rear-ending another vehicle, hail damage, or theft of your vehicle. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – How you drive influences premium rates substantially. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. Having a single ticket may cause rates to rise twenty percent or more. Drivers with dangerous tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to maintain a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
Cheaper insurance rates using GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Theft deterrent systems like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent auto theft.
Men are more aggressive – Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males cause fender benders in similar numbers, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving.
Type of car determines base premiums – The make and model of the car you need insurance for makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. Smaller low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Prices increase with policy add-ons – There are a lot of extra add-on coverages that can add up if you aren’t careful. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, towing, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
Don’t skimp on liability protection – Your policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage in the event that you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
An active claims history can cost you – Insurance companies in Kentucky award the best rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
These discounts can reduce Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance rates
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there may be some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Kia could earn cheaper prices.
- Multi-line Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Good Student – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Data Collection Discounts – Lexington drivers who agree to allow companies to monitor driving habits remotely such as State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
If you would like to view companies that offer some of these discounts in Kentucky, click here.
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
Lower-priced Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in Lexington is attainable on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not offer price quotes online and usually these smaller companies work with local independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
We just covered many tips how you can shop for Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Lexington auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers may even find the lowest car insurance rates are with a small mutual company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Additional information is located on the following sites:
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)