The most effective way to find discount Acura RLX insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers in Lexington.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about policy coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many things that are responsible for high rates like traffic citations and an imperfect credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A good piece of advice is to use identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Statistics show that nearly 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Many drivers in the United States could pocket up to $860 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know the large savings they would see if they changed companies.
The fastest way that we advise to compare car insurance company rates for Acura RLX insurance in Lexington is to know the trick auto insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with free rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is give them some information including whether you are married, if you lease or own, if you have a valid license, and if it has an alarm system. Your details gets sent immediately to many of the top insurers and they return cost estimate instantly to find the best rate.
To get price quotes for your car now, click here then complete the form.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Kentucky. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Acura RLX in Lexington, insuring your vehicle is required in Kentucky but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Acura RLX, more than likely the lender will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Acura for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $810 a year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
How do Insurance Providers Determine Acura RLX Insurance Rates?
Many different elements are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but others are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
The items below are a partial list of the pieces car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Deter car thieves – Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop auto theft and help lower rates.
- Improve your credit history – Credit rating is a big factor in calculating your car insurance rates. People with high credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have lower credit ratings. If your credit history is low, you may save money insuring your Acura RLX by improving your credit score.
- Fast cars cost more to insure – The make and model of the car you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your premium level. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Bundle policies with the same company – The majority of car insurance companies will give lower prices to people who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, drivers will still want to compare other Lexington RLX insurance rates to help guarantee you have the best rates. You may still be able to save money by buying insurance from more than one company.
- An active policy claims history can cost you – Insurance companies in Kentucky award better rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
- Only buy coverage you need – Policies have additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Insurance for things like rental car coverage, better glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage are probably not needed. The coverages may be enticing when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money remove them and pocket the money.
- Careless drivers pay higher rates – Having a clean driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Even one chargeable violation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers who have gotten multiple citations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Acura RLX insurance loss statistics – Car insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when setting premium rates. Vehicles that statistically have increased losses will have increased rates.
The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Acura RLX vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Acura RLX Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura RLX 4dr 128 63 179 82BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Determine discounts on Lexington auto insurance
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may be missing some discounts to help offset the cost. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies provide a discount for signing up early. It could save around 10% when you buy Lexington car insurance online.
- Paperwork-free – Some companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up online.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- Lexington Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Acura could qualify for slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to track when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But any discount should definitely cut the cost of your policy.
Popular auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO offers discounts including seat belt use, anti-theft, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, and emergency military deployment.
- Travelers includes discounts for multi-policy, early quote, home ownership, payment discounts, multi-car, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- Farm Bureau discounts include multi-vehicle, youthful driver, driver training, renewal discount, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for multi-policy, safety features, new vehicle discount, new move discount, and preferred payment discount.
- American Family may have discounts that include good driver, Steer into Savings, accident-free, air bags, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, and good student.
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company to give you their best rates. Savings may not apply to policies in Lexington. To choose providers who offer free Acura RLX insurance quotes in Lexington, click this link.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you and your auto insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- What is the ISO rating for a Acura RLX?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Is pet coverage available?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Kentucky?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Auto insurance quotes from local Lexington insurance agents
Many people still like to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap auto insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Lexington should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Lexington?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- If they are an independent agency in Lexington, which companies do they recommend?
When searching for a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies that you can select. Auto insurance agents in Lexington are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
The following are Lexington exclusive agents willing to provide rate quotes.
Joe Daugherty – State Farm Insurance Agent
651 Perimeter Dr Ste 204 – Lexington, KY 40517 – (859) 269-4990 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured. When searching for an agent, it’s recommended you contact multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Lexington that can give you price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Tim Hamilton Insurance Agency Inc
401 Lewis Hargett Cir #130 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 276-1234 – View Map
Lower-priced Acura RLX insurance in Lexington is available online and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
When getting Lexington car insurance quotes online, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, someone sacrificed full coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just presented some good ideas how you can shop for Acura RLX insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small local company. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Lexington? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest After a Speeding Ticket in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lexington Car Insurance for a Kia Forte? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)