Would you like to save money by finding more competitive auto insurance rates in Lexington, KY? Lexington shoppers have options when shopping for the lowest priced Chrysler Pacifica insurance. They can either spend hours calling around getting price quotes or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance and we’ll show you the proper way to quote coverages for your Chrysler and get the lowest price from both online companies and Lexington agents.
It’s a great practice to compare premium rates as often as possible because prices trend upward over time. Just because you found the lowest rates on Chrysler Pacifica insurance in Lexington six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re going to learn the best way to lower your annual insurance bill.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Lexington, KY. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Discount Lexington auto insurance rates
Some providers don’t list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Lexington auto insurance online. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents get the best auto insurance rates in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers who elect to allow their company to scrutinize driving patterns by installing a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on auto insurance.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Lexington auto insurance with certain companies.
- Responsible Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive better auto insurance rates.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
If you would like to see a list of insurers who offer cheap Chrysler Pacifica insurance quotes in Lexington in Lexington, click here to view.
Local Lexington auto insurance agents
Some consumers still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local agencies is especially important in Lexington.
After completing this short form, your information is sent to insurance agents in Lexington who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You never need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Shown below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Lexington who can help you get comparison quotes for Chrysler Pacifica insurance in Lexington.
- John Parkhurst – State Farm Insurance
1795 Alysheba Way #2104 – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 264-4422 – View Map
- Lexington Insurance Agency, Inc.
465 E High St #101 – Lexington, KY 40507 – (859) 253-6570 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Bryan Joseph Mitchell Agency
252 E Third St – Lexington, KY 40508 – (859) 293-2253 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Tom Barrick
2891 Richmond Rd Ste 115 – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 268-3222 – View Map
Choosing an insurance company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Before buying a policy in Lexington, get answers to these questions.
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
After talking to the agent and getting reasonable responses to all your questions and cheap Pacifica insurance quotes, chances are good that you have found an insurer that can be relied on to service your policy.
Why you need insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Chrysler Pacifica insurance, insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chrysler has a lienholder, most banks will force you to have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chrysler at a much higher rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $810 a year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to save money.
Specific coverages for a Chrysler Pacifica
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as falling objects, vandalism, damage from a tornado or hurricane and damage from flooding. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for bills for things like chiropractic care, nursing services, hospital visits, dental work and surgery. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Chrysler Pacifica.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/10 in Kentucky), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/10 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims like bail bonds, structural damage, court costs, repair costs for stationary objects and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible. Kentucky state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Pacifica from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your Pacifica in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Smart shoppers get results
People change insurance companies for many reasons like denial of a claim, questionable increases in premium, lack of trust in their agent and unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right car insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.
In this article, we covered many ways to shop for Chrysler Pacifica insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Lexington auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates are with an unexpected company.
When shopping online for car insurance, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
Steps to finding cheaper quotes for Chrysler Pacifica insurance in Lexington
Really, the only way to find the cheapest price for Chrysler Pacifica insurance is to compare prices annually from different companies in Lexington. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic citations and a bad credit score can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new carrier. Be sure to safely store the proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A crucial key to this process is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and to quote with all possible companies. This ensures an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Additional detailed information can be read at these sites:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Single Moms in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lexington Car Insurance Rates for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lexington Auto Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)