It’s safe to assume that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. People who compare rates annually are very likely to switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A survey found that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved as much as $860 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest rates on Buick Regal insurance is why you’re reading this, then knowing how to quote prices and compare insurance premiums can make it easier for you to save money.
The best way to get discount Buick Regal insurance in Lexington is to compare prices annually from providers in Kentucky.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that cause high rates like at-fault accidents and an imperfect credit rating can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives additional ideas to get cheaper rates and earn a bigger discount.
- Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies. Get quotes now
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a completed application for your new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The critical component of shopping around is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Affordable Buick insurance price quotes in Lexington
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Lexington, KY. If you want to find cheap car insurance in KY, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Save money by applying these six discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but a few must be inquired about before being credited.
- Pay Early and Save – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on Regal insurance in Lexington.
- Bundle and Save – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with one company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Buick Regal insurance rates in Lexington.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but certain companies permit an accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
Don’t be shocked that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you could get a free insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Large insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for multi-policy, renewal discount, safe driver, youthful driver, driver training, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for newly married, new move discount, multi-car, new graduate, and preferred payment discount.
- State Farm may include discounts for Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, passive restraint, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for safe vehicle, company car, paid in full, group or association, anti-theft, mature driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- GEICO has savings for military active duty, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include safe driver, teen safe driver, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, accident prevention training, and teen safety rewards.
Before buying, ask all the companies which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not be available in your area. To choose providers that offer some of these discounts in Lexington, follow this link.
How to know if you need help
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you could use an agent’s help.
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Do I need an insurance agency?
A small number of people still like to sit down with an agent and that is OK! The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get lower car insurance rates but also keep your business local. And supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Lexington.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Lexington who will give you quotes to get your business. You never need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to find a good insurance agency, there are a couple of different agency structures that you can choose from. Agencies in Lexington can either be exclusive or independent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not employed by one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from several independent agencies to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with different regional companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below are Lexington independent insurance agents that can give you rate quotes.
- G.L. Herndon Insurance Agency
2220 Executive Dr #203 – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 286-7094 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Tim Hamilton Insurance Agency Inc
401 Lewis Hargett Cir #130 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 276-1234 – View Map
- Kentucky Insurance Group-Joe Downs
989 Governors Ln – Lexington, KY 40513 – (859) 277-8877 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand legacy rather than low price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Lexington who can help you get price quotes.
- State Farm: Bethany Hicks
1050 Chinoe Rd #100 – Lexington, KY 40502 – (859) 264-0246 – View Map
- State Farm: Gina Hopper
115 S Locust Hill Dr #107 – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 268-6998 – View Map
- Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance Fayette County – Versailles Rd
1316 Versailles Rd – Lexington, KY 40504 – (859) 253-1626 – View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Lexington?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
Kentucky auto insurance companies ranked
Selecting a highly-rated car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies there are in Kentucky. The information shown below may help you choose which coverage providers to look at comparing price quotes from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Auto insurance coverage information
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverage types available from insurance companies.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses such as X-ray expenses, rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees, hospital visits and EMT expenses. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This pays for damage to your Regal from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle, colliding with a tree and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible on your Regal to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like rock chips in glass, hail damage and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This provides protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Buick Regal.
Due to the fact that many Kentucky drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/10 in Kentucky), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability auto insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people that is your fault. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/10 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as attorney fees, pain and suffering, funeral expenses and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Kentucky requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be adequate.
Don’t give up on cheap coverage
When shopping online for insurance, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
The cheapest Buick Regal insurance in Lexington can be bought on the web and from local agencies, so you need to quote Lexington car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies don’t offer price quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
We covered many ideas to reduce Buick Regal insurance premium rates online in Lexington. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with an unexpected company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Active Military in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)