Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. People who shop around for cheaper prices will, in all likelihood, switch companies because there is a great chance of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey discovered that people who compared prices regularly saved over $72 a month compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest price for Kia Borrego insurance is why you’re here, learning how to find companies and compare cheaper coverage can make the process more efficient.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find low-cost auto insurance rates in Lexington is to start comparing rates regularly from companies that sell auto insurance in Kentucky. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Learn about how companies set rates and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause high rates like at-fault accidents and bad credit can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to help prevent expensive coverage and find possible discounts that are available.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies. Compare rates
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Borrego coverage is available in Lexington. If you can save money and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new insurer. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep the new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
Discount Lexington car insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list every possible discount very well, so we took the time to find a few of the more common and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Lexington car insurance online.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Theft Deterrent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Lexington car insurance quote.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with a few car insurance companies.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
To find companies that offer many of these discounts in Kentucky, click here to view.
Lowering your Kia Borrego insurance rates is actually easier than you may think. You just have to invest a few minutes to compare rates online from several insurance companies.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Kentucky. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
You may need advice from an insurance agent
A small number of people just want to talk to a local agent and that can be a smart move Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting small agencies is definitely important in Lexington.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to participating agents in Lexington who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Lexington auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you prefer to buy car insurance from local Lexington agents, it’s important to understand the different agency structures that you can select. Agents can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both write policy coverage, but it’s important to know how they differ because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing car insurance prices, you definitely need to include independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through lesser-known insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Lexington that may be able to give free price quotes.
- Ky Insurance and Investment
1801 Alexandria Dr – Lexington, KY 40504 – (859) 373-1282 – View Map
- Lexington Insurance Agency, Inc.
465 E High St #101 – Lexington, KY 40507 – (859) 253-6570 – View Map
- Barnes Insurance Center
1202 Winchester Rd #100 – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 253-2728 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are trained well in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Lexington willing to provide comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Clint Conrad
201 Ruccio Way #120 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 276-4366 – View Map
- John Parkhurst – State Farm Insurance
1795 Alysheba Way #2104 – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 264-4422 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
3100 Old Todds Rd #110 – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 286-8655 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Which family members are covered?
- Will they give you a referral list?
Upon getting positive feedback to any questions you may have as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that can be relied on to service your policy.
Cheaper insurance prices are available
You just read a lot of ways to save on Kia Borrego insurance in Lexington. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Lexington car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with an unexpected company.
Cheaper insurance in Lexington is definitely available both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Lexington car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and many times these smaller providers work with independent insurance agents.
As you quote Lexington car insurance, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
To read more, take a look at these articles:
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Lexington Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)