The best way we recommend to get the cheapest Subaru BRZ insurance is to regularly compare quotes from different companies in Lexington.
- Take a little time to learn about auto insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many factors that result in higher prices such as your driving record and an unfavorable credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One bit of advice is to use identical coverages on each quote request and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who get comparison quotes at least once a year are likely to buy a new policy because there are good odds of finding better rates. A recent insurance study revealed that consumers who regularly shopped around saved about $865 annually compared to those who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding discount rates on Subaru BRZ insurance is your objective, learning how to quote prices and compare insurance can save time and make the process easier.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Lexington is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you have a current insurance policy or need new coverage, use these techniques to shop for the lowest rates without sacrificing coverage. Smart buyers only have to learn the tricks to find the lowest price from many companies at once.
The most recommended method to get policy rate comparisons for Subaru BRZ insurance in Lexington is to take advantage of the fact auto insurance companies provide online access to compare rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is give the companies some data such as if the car is leased, if it has an anti-theft system, your occupation, and whether you are married. That rating information is submitted instantly to many highly-rated insurers and you should receive rate quotes with very little delay.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Kentucky. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Kentucky, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Subaru BRZ in Lexington, paying for auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Subaru, almost all lenders will require you to buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Subaru at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Discounts for cheap auto insurance quotes
Some companies do not list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more common and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Lexington car insurance online.
- Student in College – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Driver Training Discounts – Completing a course in defensive driving could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on your policy.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Senior Discount – Seniors may qualify for a slight reduction on a Lexington car insurance quote.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
- Government Employees – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Lexington car insurance with certain companies.
- Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Lexington car insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- GEICO offers discounts for emergency military deployment, defensive driver, air bags, good student, federal employee, and daytime running lights.
- Travelers discounts include multi-car, hybrid/electric vehicle, driver training, multi-policy, good student, home ownership, and student away at school.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including family plan, accident-free, business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, defensive driving, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for teen driver, distant student, youthful driver, electronic funds transfer, switch companies, and good student.
- Esurance may offer discounts for multi-policy, DriveSense, paid-in-full, emergency road assistance, and anti-theft.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for driver’s education, anti-theft, good student, multiple autos, and student away at school.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for ease of repair, professional/association, good student, good driver, and multi-car.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in Lexington.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Lexington insurance agency
Some people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to companies in Lexington who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking a provider requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- If they are an independent agency in Lexington, which companies do they recommend?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
Below is a list of car insurance companies in Lexington who can help you get rate quotes for Subaru BRZ insurance in Lexington.
- Allstate Insurance: Joshua Williams
2240 Executive Dr Ste 103 – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 243-0162 – View Map
- Howard Shelton State Farm
2614 Richmond Road – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 266-6640 – View Map
- G.L. Herndon Insurance Agency
2220 Executive Dr #203 – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 286-7094 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Mike Ison
2121 Richmond Rd Ste 145 – Lexington, KY 40502 – (859) 268-8850 – View Map
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether you may require specific advice.
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Cheaper car insurance is out there
Cheaper car insurance in Lexington is attainable from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not have online rate quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Much more information about car insurance in Kentucky can be found at the links below
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Lexington Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)