The preferred way to find affordable auto insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies that sell auto insurance in Lexington.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about how insurance companies determine prices and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that increase rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a signed application and payment for the new policy. Immediately store the certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to use identical coverages on each quote and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s amazing but most drivers in Kentucky have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could cut their rates by approximately 46.5% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they won’t spend time to compare other rate quotes.
If you currently have insurance, you should be able to reduce the price you pay using the techniques presented in this article. Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Lexington is really quite easy. But Kentucky vehicle owners need to have an understanding of the way insurance companies market on the web and use this information to your advantage.
Earn discounts on Lexington insurance
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may be missing some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles could earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less when compared to bad drivers.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers are able to get a slight reduction on a Lexington car insurance quote.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles with the same insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a course in safe driver is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
Don’t be shocked that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will positively reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
Popular insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- GEICO may include discounts for membership and employees, federal employee, air bags, driver training, military active duty, good student, and defensive driver.
- Travelers offers discounts including new car, payment discounts, multi-car, multi-policy, IntelliDrive, and driver training.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, easy pay, family plan, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for early shopping, teen driver, mature driver, multi-car, and switch companies.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for multi-car, online shopper, online quote, renters, good driver, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers discounts for accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, good driver, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for annual mileage, multi-policy, professional/association, age of vehicle, and type of vehicle.
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in Lexington. To see companies that offer many of these discounts in Lexington, click this link.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rates for Honda S2000 insurance in Lexington is to realize most larger insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to quote your coverage. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide information like types of safety features, if you went to college, your general credit rating, and how much coverage you want. The rating information is then sent to insurance carriers in your area and they return rate quotes almost instantly.
To compare cheaper Honda S2000 insurance rates now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Lexington.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Kentucky. If you want the best car insurance in KY, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Local neighborhood agents and car insurance
A lot of people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheaper premium rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, your information is immediately sent to participating agents in Lexington who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
Two different types of car insurance agents
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Lexington agents are considered either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are highly trained on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following are exclusive agencies in Lexington who may provide you with rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part. When comparing car insurance rates, you should always include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection.
Shown below are Lexington independent agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
Boggs Insurance Agency, Inc.
1353 W Main St # 2 – Lexington, KY 40508 – (859) 977-2055 – View Map
Affordable insurance premiums are possible
We just covered some good ideas how you can find affordable Honda S2000 insurance in Lexington. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance is with a small local company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, someone dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Some companies may not have online quoting and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. Cheaper insurance in Lexington is possible online in addition to many Lexington insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
Additional information can be read at these links:
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lexington Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Good Credit in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lexington Auto Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lexington Auto Insurance for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lexington Auto Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)