It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don't want you to look for cheaper rates. Consumers who shop around for better prices will presumably move their business because there is a significant possibility of finding lower prices. A study discovered that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved over $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest price for Ford F-150 insurance in Lexington is the reason you're reading this, then having some knowledge of how to shop for insurance can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find better pricing on Ford F-150 insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers who sell auto insurance in Lexington. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Gain an understanding of coverages and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many factors that increase rates like your driving record and an unacceptable credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies. Compare rates now
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed application and payment for the new coverage. Once received, put the proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
The key thing to remember is to compare the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to analyze as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Best companies for low-cost Ford F-150 insurance in Kentucky
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Kentucky. To get cheap car insurance in Lexington, it's highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Insurance coverage details
The information below covers estimates of coverage costs for Ford F-150 models. Having a good grasp of how insurance premiums are figured can be valuable when making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$178||$220||$326||$20||$98||$842||$70|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$178||$282||$326||$20||$98||$904||$75|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$178||$282||$326||$20||$98||$904||$75|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$178||$282||$326||$20||$98||$904||$75|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$178||$282||$326||$20||$98||$904||$75|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$206||$282||$326||$20||$98||$932||$78|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$206||$282||$326||$20||$98||$932||$78|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$206||$282||$326||$20||$98||$932||$78|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$206||$282||$326||$20||$98||$932||$78|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$206||$282||$326||$20||$98||$932||$78|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$206||$282||$326||$20||$98||$932||$78|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$206||$282||$326||$20||$98||$932||$78|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$206||$282||$326||$20||$98||$932||$78|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$232||$282||$326||$20||$98||$958||$80|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$232||$282||$326||$20||$98||$958||$80|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$232||$282||$326||$20||$98||$958||$80|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$232||$342||$326||$20||$98||$1,018||$85|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$232||$342||$326||$20||$98||$1,018||$85|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$232||$342||$326||$20||$98||$1,018||$85|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$232||$342||$326||$20||$98||$1,018||$85|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$232||$342||$326||$20||$98||$1,018||$85|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$232||$342||$326||$20||$98||$1,018||$85|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$232||$342||$326||$20||$98||$1,018||$85|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$232||$342||$326||$20||$98||$1,018||$85|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$232||$342||$326||$20||$98||$1,018||$85|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$232||$404||$326||$20||$98||$1,080||$90|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$232||$404||$326||$20||$98||$1,080||$90|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$232||$404||$326||$20||$98||$1,080||$90|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$258||$404||$326||$20||$98||$1,106||$92|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$258||$404||$326||$20||$98||$1,106||$92|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$258||$404||$326||$20||$98||$1,106||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in garaging location in Lexington which can lower or raise premiums substantially.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and at-fault collisions impact Ford F-150 premium costs for different age groups. The costs are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Get discounts on Lexington car insurance
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you may qualify for discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Life Insurance Discount - Not all car insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Bundle and Save - If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with the same company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Professional Organizations - Being in a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on car insurance.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Data Collection Discounts - Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to study driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Government Employee Discount - Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-150 insurance costs with and without policy discounts. Data assumes a male driver, no violations or claims, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, driver training, defensive driver, daytime running lights, and good student.
- SAFECO may include discounts for multi-car, homeowner, drive less, accident prevention training, and teen safety rewards.
- State Farm has discounts for driver's education, anti-theft, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, accident-free, passive restraint, and good student.
- MetLife includes discounts for good driver, accident-free, multi-policy, good student, claim-free, defensive driver
- 21st Century may have discounts that include defensive driver, good student, theft prevention, homeowners, teen driver, driver training, and student driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
Double check with every company the best way to save money. Some credits may not apply in every state. For a list of providers that offer the discounts shown above in Lexington, follow this link.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local neighborhood Lexington car insurance agent
Some people just want to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Where are claims handled?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- How many years have they been established?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Are they full-time agents?
Different types of Lexington auto insurance agents
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reliable agent, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can do a good job, but it's good to learn the subtle differences since it could factor into the selection process.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are contracted to one company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Lexington who may provide you with price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies through many different auto insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you check rates from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below are Lexington independent insurance agents that can give you comparison quotes.
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction to your questions as well as cheaper F-150 insurance quotes, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that can be relied on to properly service your auto insurance policy. Keep in mind it's your policy and you can cancel your policy whenever you want so don't think you're contractually obligated to any specific agency for the full policy term.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When selecting proper insurance coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone's situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For example, these questions might help in determining if you could use an agent's help.
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Kentucky?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- I don't drive much so do I pay less?
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
Insurance coverages and their meanings
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you'll find typical coverage types found on the average insurance policy.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your F-150 from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with a tree and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible on your F-150 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hitting a deer, rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism and hail damage. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle's value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle's damage.
Due to the fact that many Kentucky drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Kentucky limits are 25/50/10), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Auto liability insurance
This coverage can cover damage that occurs to people or other property. It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/10 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for things like loss of income, repair bills for other people's vehicles, attorney fees, emergency aid and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible. Kentucky state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but it's recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why buying minimum limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for bills such as dental work, chiropractic care, surgery and funeral costs. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Don't give up on cheaper coverage
You just read many ideas to lower your Ford F-150 insurance premium rates in Lexington. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Lexington car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers can often provide lower prices in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
The cheapest Ford F-150 insurance in Lexington can be purchased both online in addition to many Lexington insurance agents, so you need to quote Lexington car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lexington Auto Insurance for 4x4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)