If you want to save the most money, the best way to find affordable car insurance rates in Lexington is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies in Kentucky.
- Spend some time learning about how your policy works and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many things that drive up the price like careless driving and a poor credit rating can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s safe to assume that insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Drivers who get price quotes annually are highly likely to switch insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A survey found that drivers who regularly shopped around saved $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price for Dodge Stratus insurance is your target objective, learning how to get price quotes and compare insurance coverage can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Most major insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow consumers to get price estimates direct online. Doing online price comparisons for Dodge Stratus insurance in Lexington is fairly simple as you just type in the coverages you want as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, the system automatically retrieves your credit score and driving record and gives you a price quote based on many factors.
This makes it simple to compare prices and it’s very important to get many rate quotes if you want to find a lower rate.
In order to compare rates using this form now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you type in deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have a price comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in Kentucky. To buy the best cheap car insurance in Kentucky, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Stratus in Lexington, insuring your vehicle is required in Kentucky but it also protects you in many ways.
First, almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Dodge Stratus with a loan, almost every bank will require that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over the higher premium.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your Dodge Stratus. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Lexington overpays more than $830 a year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that help calculate insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower rates. Many factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent like where you live or your commute time.
Mature drivers pay less – Youthful drivers in Kentucky are statistically proven to be less responsible when driving with friends so they pay higher insurance rates. Parents adding a beginning driver onto your insurance can be quite pricey. More experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Low mileage costs less – The more you drive your Dodge in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies calculate rates based on their usage. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles receive better premium rates than those that get driven frequently. It’s always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating is rated on the correct driver usage, because it can save money. Improper usage on your Stratus can cost quite a bit.
Big cities have higher prices – Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. City drivers have to deal with congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Vehicle features that cut insurance rates – Buying a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you some money. Theft prevention devices like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
Stress out and pay more – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations such as doctors, business owners, and medical professionals tend to pay higher average rates because of high stress and lots of time spent away from family. Other occupations like actors, athletes and performers get better rates.
No insurance gaps is important – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Discount Lexington insurance rates
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there are discounts available that many consumers don’t even know exist. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be inquired about before you get the savings. If you don’t get every credit available, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Online Discount – Many insurance companies will provide an incentive for completing your application on the internet.
- Early Switch Discount – A few larger companies offer discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current Stratus insurance policy. The savings is around 10%.
- Student Discounts – Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Stratus insurance in Lexington.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Insuring several vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more on Stratus insurance in Lexington.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a small decrease in premiums.
Just know that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- GEICO may include discounts for five-year accident-free, federal employee, air bags, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, multi-policy, accident-free, claim-free, and good driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, and online signing.
- Travelers may offer discounts for continuous insurance, good student, student away at school, multi-car, payment discounts, early quote, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO offers discounts for teen safe driver, safe driver, homeowner, accident prevention training, drive less, and teen safety rewards.
- AAA offers premium reductions for multi-policy, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, multi-car, education and occupation, and good driver.
Double check with every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in your area. To see a list of providers offering insurance discounts in Lexington, click here.
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
When to talk to an insurance agency
A small number of people would rather get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! A nice benefit of comparing insurance online is you can get cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with local agencies is important particularly in Lexington.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is sent to companies in Lexington that provide free Lexington auto insurance quotes for your business. You never need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
When narrowing the list to find an insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies may be either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not locked into one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing insurance prices, it’s a good idea to contact several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with small regional insurance companies which can be an advantage.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Lexington who may provide competitive price quotes.
- Keystone Sills Insurance Agency
210 Malabu Dr – Lexington, KY 40502 – (859) 276-1881 – View Map
- Ky Insurance and Investment
1801 Alexandria Dr – Lexington, KY 40504 – (859) 373-1282 – View Map
- Al Jones Insurance Agency
274 Southland Dr, Suite #106A – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 276-0400 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people use the same exclusive agent partially due to high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are Lexington exclusive agents that can give you rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Bryon Elkins
3101 Richmond Rd #311a – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 488-2531 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Mike Ison
2121 Richmond Rd Ste 145 – Lexington, KY 40502 – (859) 268-8850 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Joshua Williams
2240 Executive Dr Ste 103 – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 243-0162 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Does their agency support local causes in Lexington?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
Don’t give up on cheap premiums
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, high rates after DUI convictions, high prices or even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new car insurance company can be pretty painless.
You just learned many ways to lower your Dodge Stratus insurance auto insurance rates in Lexington. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting affordable Lexington auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest auto insurance rates are with a small local company.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)