Sick and tired of scraping nickels together to pay insurance each month? You are in the same boat as many other consumers in Kentucky.
Smart shoppers know that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who get price comparisons are likely to switch companies because there is a high probability of finding more affordable rates. A recent study showed that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved about $3,500 over four years compared to those who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest price for GMC Envoy insurance in Lexington is why you’re reading this, then having an understanding of how to shop and compare insurance rates can make it easier to find better rates. Insurance companies such as GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm constantly blast consumers with ads and it is difficult to see past the corporate glitz and do the work needed to find the best deal.
You should take the time to check insurance prices on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance rates change frequently. Even if you got the lowest rate on GMC Envoy insurance in Lexington on your last policy you can probably find a better price now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re going to learn the proper way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
If you already have coverage or want to find a cheaper company, use these tips to buy cheaper car insurance without reducing coverage. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Lexington is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Smart shoppers just have to use the most time-saving way to compare company rates over the internet.
The quickest method to compare insurance rates in your area is to know the trick most of the larger companies will pay a fee to give you rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like the ages of drivers, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, an estimate of your credit level, and how much education you have. That rating information gets transmitted to insurance carriers in your area and you will receive price estimates with very little delay.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Lexington.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Lexington, KY. To buy cheap car insurance in KY, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Discounts can help to save on GMC Envoy insurance in Lexington
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise their entire list of discounts very well, so we researched a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Theft Deterrent System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and place coverage with the same company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver’s education class if offered at their school.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a safe driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- The Hartford includes discounts for good student, defensive driver, driver training, anti-theft, air bag, and vehicle fuel type.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include annual mileage, professional/association, anti-theft, multi-policy, type of vehicle, ease of repair, and good driver.
- GEICO has savings for good student, anti-theft, air bags, daytime running lights, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA offers discounts including anti-theft, good driver, multi-car, good student, and AAA membership discount.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, defensive driving training, anti-theft, multiple autos, and accident-free.
If you want low cost Lexington car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in your area.
Learn How to Get Insurance More Affordably
Many different elements are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
The items below are a partial list of the pieces used by companies to determine prices.
Amount of liability protection – The liability coverage on your policy is the protection when you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Never have insurance lapses – Driving without insurance can get your license suspended and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you a revoked license or a big fine. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the Kentucky motor vehicle department.
Credit rating impacts premium rates – An insured’s credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay for insurance. People that have good credit tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit history can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your GMC Envoy by repairing your credit.
Avoid unnecessary extra coverages – There are a ton of optional add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, death and dismemberment, and extra equipment coverage are probably not needed. They may seem like a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Having a clean driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Having just one speeding ticket may increase your cost substantially. Drivers who get serious tickets such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.