Looking for low-cost auto insurance rates in Lexington, KY? Lexington buyers have a choice when searching for low-cost Ford GT insurance. They can either spend hours calling around to compare prices or use the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are both good and bad ways to find auto insurance online so we’re going to tell you the proper way to price shop coverage for your Ford and find the lowest price either online or from Lexington insurance agents.
You need to price shop coverage every six months because auto insurance prices are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the best price on Ford GT insurance in Lexington a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the best methods to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Getting a cheaper price on Ford GT insurance is a great way to save money. You just need to invest a little time getting comparison quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Lexington, KY. To find the best car insurance in Kentucky, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some insurers do not list every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction with a few insurance companies.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Smart Student Discounts – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Memberships – Belonging to certain professional organizations could trigger savings on insurance.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce your overall bill.
Some of the larger companies that possibly offer many of the previously listed discounts are:
It’s a good idea to ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your state. To locate providers who offer free Ford GT insurance quotes in Lexington, click here.
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford GT insurance, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your GT has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your Ford GT and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Lexington is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so compare rates at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Best car insurance company in Lexington
Picking the highest-rated insurance provider is hard considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Lexington. The information listed below could help you decide which companies you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Lexington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- Erie Insurance
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Lexington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- The Hartford
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When quoting and choosing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Does my Ford GT need full coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Compare prices but buy from a local Lexington insurance agent
Many drivers still prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from neighborhood agents is especially important in Lexington.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to companies in Lexington who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider requires more thought than just the price. Before buying a policy in Lexington, get answers to these questions.
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Lexington?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How long have they been in business?