Really, the only way to get the cheapest Ford Focus insurance is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Lexington.
- Try to comprehend auto insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit history can be remedied by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to help prevent expensive coverage and find missing discounts.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s well known that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who shop for lower prices will, in all likelihood, switch companies because they have a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A study discovered that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved approximately $865 annually compared to other drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest price on Ford Focus insurance in Lexington is your target objective, then understanding how to find and compare car insurance can save time and money.
If you are insured now or just want to reduce your rates, use these money-saving tips to find the best rates and still get good coverage. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Lexington is easy if you know what you’re doing. Comparison shoppers just have to understand the proper methods to compare price quotes from many companies at once.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Kentucky. In order to find cheap car insurance in Kentucky, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Ford Focus insurance coverage information
The premium table shown next showcases a range of coverage costs for Ford Focus models. Having knowledge of how premiums are established can be of help when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$498||$342||$20||$102||$1,172||$98|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$498||$342||$20||$102||$1,172||$98|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$586||$342||$20||$102||$1,260||$105|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$586||$342||$20||$102||$1,260||$105|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$242||$586||$388||$22||$116||$1,354||$113|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$242||$586||$388||$22||$116||$1,354||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in specific zip code location which can impact prices greatly.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can drive up Ford Focus insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Premiums by gender and age
The illustration below compares Ford Focus auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Focus in Lexington, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Focus, most lenders will require that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Ford Focus but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Ford gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Learn How to Get Insurance Cheaper
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that may result in lower insurance prices.
- Pay less with a high safety rating – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce injuries and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you. If your Ford has at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- Extra policy coverages you don’t need – There are many extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying insurance. Insurance for things like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and extra equipment coverage could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- Fewer miles means better rates – The more miles you rack up on your Ford each year the higher your rate. Almost all companies rate vehicles partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. Make sure your insurance coverage is showing how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money. Improper usage on your Focus may be costing you higher rates.
- Save money by raising deductibles – The deductibles tell how much you are required to spend before your insurance pays a claim. Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, protects your car from damage. Some examples of covered claims are rear-ending another vehicle, animal collisions, and damage from wind. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
With age comes responsibility – Beginning drivers in Kentucky are known to get distracted easily in a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates. Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
The data below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- High credit saves on insurance – Your credit rating is a big factor in your rate calculation. People with excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower ratings. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Ford Focus by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Ford Focus insurance loss statistics – Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics to help calculate premium prices. Models that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Ford Focus vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average equals 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage values above 100 point to more losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Ford Focus Models Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Focus 106 98 90 103 109 111 Ford Focus Electric 87 85 66BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Kentucky car insurance companies ranked
Buying coverage from the right auto insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Kentucky. The rank data below can help you select which companies you want to consider when comparing rates.
Top 10 Lexington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- Erie Insurance
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Lexington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- The Hartford
In the end, you can save money
When you buy Lexington auto insurance online, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an insured cut physical damage coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cost effective Ford Focus insurance is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Lexington agents, so you need to shop Lexington auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Lexington Auto Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Lexington? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Lexington? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Lexington? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest After a Speeding Ticket in Lexington? (FAQ)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)