It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who compare rates once a year are highly likely to buy a different policy because they stand a good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent survey discovered that people who compared rates regularly saved about $3,450 over four years compared to those who don’t regularly compare prices.
If saving the most money on Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Lexington is the reason you’re here, then learning a little about how to find and compare coverage rates can save money and time.
The easiest way to get discount auto insurance rates in Lexington is to compare prices once a year from providers in Kentucky. You can compare prices by following these steps.
First, it will benefit you to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a poor credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for instructions to keep prices down and find overlooked discounts.
Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to remember is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
To get affordable Lexington auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing rates from many car insurance companies in Kentucky. The easiest way to lower the rate you pay for insurance is to jump online and get quotes.
Getting quotes online is very simple and it takes the place of having to drive to insurance agents’ offices. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional guidance only provided by licensed Lexington agents. Drivers can comparison shop online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more prices gives you a better chance of getting better pricing.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Kentucky. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance is not optional
Even though Lexington C-Max Energi insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your C-Max Energi, almost all lenders will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Ford for a much higher rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Ford C-Max Energi but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Kentucky is overpaying over $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Informed Drivers Can Slash Their Insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that could result in lower premium levels.
- Use but don’t abuse your insurance – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Kentucky provide the lowest premiums to policyholders who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Optional features impact prices – Buying a car with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent car theft.
- Don’t get traffic citations – Having a clean driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Good drivers have lower premiums as compared to careless drivers. Having a single speeding ticket or other violation can increase rates by twenty percent. Drivers with dangerous tickets such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state in order to legally drive.
- Low coverage deductibles cost more – Deductibles for physical damage define how much you are required to spend in the event of a claim. Physical damage protection, also called ‘full coverage’, protects your car from damage. Some coverage claims are collision with another vehicle, animal collisions, and damage caused by road hazards. The more damage repair cost you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
- Low stress occupation equals lower rates – Occupational choices like military generals, air traffic controllers, and miners are shown to have higher average rates attributed to intense work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. Other occupations such as farmers, students and performers have lower than average premiums.
- Older drivers pay less – Teenage drivers in Kentucky are known to be easily distracted behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Adding a first-time driver onto a policy can break the bank. Older people are more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Discounts for lower-cost car insurance quotes
Car insurance can be pricey, but you can get discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to track driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a driver safety course may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new C-Max Energi can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less when compared to bad drivers.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for homeowner, youthful driver, teen driver, good student, alternative fuel, distant student, and multi-car.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver’s education, accident-free, defensive driving training, student away at school, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include new graduate, newly married, new move discount, newly retired, exclusive group savings, safety features, and multi-car.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for multi-policy, accident-free, claim-free, good student, and defensive driver.
- Progressive has savings for good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, and online signing.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in your area. To see insurers with the best Ford C-Max Energi insurance discounts in Kentucky, click here.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Some consumers prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is not a bad decision A good thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Lexington.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Lexington that can provide free Lexington auto insurance quotes for your business. You won’t need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they operate. Auto insurance agents in Lexington are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can insure your vehicles through many different auto insurance companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection.
Featured below are Lexington independent agencies who may provide price quote information.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Lexington that can give you price quotes.
Joe Daugherty – State Farm Insurance Agent
651 Perimeter Dr Ste 204 – Lexington, KY 40517 – (859) 269-4990 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Lexington?
Find cheap rates by comparing often
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can shop for Ford C-Max Energi insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
When getting Lexington auto insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Lower-priced car insurance in Lexington can be purchased both online and with local Lexington insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these regional carriers work with independent agents.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Lexington? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Lexington? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lexington Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)