Really, the only way to find cheaper car insurance rates in Lexington is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers in Kentucky. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- First, learn about auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher rates such as accidents, careless driving, and poor credit history can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Lexington. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the new insurer. Once coverage is bound, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
A valuable tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at every company you can. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Everyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who shop around for cheaper prices will presumably switch insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding a cheaper policy. A study discovered that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest rates on Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Lexington is your goal, then learning a little about the best way to quote and compare insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that obtaining a wide range of quotes provides better odds of finding more affordable insurance.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Lexington, KY. To locate cheap auto insurance in Kentucky, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Save money by taking advantage of discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Most are applied at quote time, but a few must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance companies give better auto insurance rates if you take out a life policy as well.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Lexington and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings up to 30%.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off with some auto insurance companies.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- No Claims – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less in comparison with bad drivers.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Popular auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for mature driver, youthful driver, homeowner, alternative fuel, and early shopping.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for 55 and retired, renewal discount, multi-policy, driver training, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts for anti-theft, safe vehicle, good student, good driver, passive restraint, multiple autos, and multiple policy.
- GEICO offers discounts including seat belt use, defensive driver, federal employee, daytime running lights, multi-policy, and air bags.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for multi-car, anti-theft, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, drive less, and teen safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include preferred payment discount, newly retired, newly married, multi-car, new vehicle discount, exclusive group savings, and safety features.
Check with each company or agent how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Lexington. If you would like to see a list of companies that offer multiple discounts in Lexington, click here to view.
Learn How to Find Car Insurance for Less
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help determine your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower car insurance prices. Lots of things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less apparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
- Vehicle theft costs us all – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart car theft.
- Urban areas may pay more – Residing in a small town is a positive aspect when talking about car insurance. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Residents of big cities have to deal with traffic congestion and more time behind the wheel. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Do you need those incidental coverages? – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles you can purchase on your TrailBlazer policy. Coverages like roadside assistance, towing, and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
- Improve your credit score – A driver’s credit score can be a huge factor in your rate calculation. People with good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit. So if your credit history can be improved, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet TrailBlazer by improving your credit score.
- See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – Most major insurance companies allow discounts to insureds who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The amount of the discounts can be as much as ten percent or more Even if you already get this discount, it’s always a smart idea to compare Chevy TrailBlazer rates in Lexington to make sure you are getting the best deal.