It takes a little time, but the best way to get more affordable Chevy Bolt insurance in Lexington is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies in Kentucky.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like multiple speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. View companies
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A tip to remember is to try to use the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. People who compare other prices are very likely to move their business because they stand a good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A study showed that drivers who routinely compared rates saved about $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding budget-friendly auto insurance in Lexington is your intention, knowing the best ways to shop for cheaper coverage can make the process more efficient.
Our goal in writing this article instruct you on the best way to quote coverages and some tricks to saving. If you’re already insured, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using the concepts covered in this article. Smart buyers just have to know how to compare prices using one simple form.
Auto insurance providers offering competitive price quotes in Kentucky
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Lexington, KY. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Determine discounts to get cheap Lexington insurance rates
Some providers do not advertise all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Lexington car insurance online.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better insurance rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Chevy may allow you to get substantially lower rates.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next insurance statement.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable their insurance company to study when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
To view companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Lexington, follow this link.
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
When selecting coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions could help you determine if you would benefit from professional advice.
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Chevy Bolt?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Lexington insurance agent
A lot of people still like to visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from local agents is definitely important in Lexington.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to participating agents in Lexington who will return price quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you want to buy car insurance from a local Lexington insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on which type of agent you select.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not limited to a single company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part. When shopping rates, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Lexington that may be able to give cheap rate quotes.
Boggs Insurance Agency, Inc.
1353 W Main St # 2 – Lexington, KY 40508 – (859) 977-2055 – View Map
These type of agents write business for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Lexington that can give you price quotes.
Finding a good car insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
Upon receiving positive feedback to any questions you have and low cost Chevrolet Bolt insurance quotes, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that is reputable and can insure your vehicles.
More comparisons equals cheap rates
When shopping online for insurance, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, drivers have reduced full coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
We just showed you a lot of ways to find lower-cost Chevy Bolt insurance in Lexington. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
There are still a few companies who may not provide online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents. Low-cost Chevy Bolt insurance in Lexington is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Lexington agents, so you need to compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
More information can be found at these links:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- How Much are Lexington Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lexington Car Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Active Military in Lexington? (FAQ)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)