To save the most money, the best way to get discount auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Lexington.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about policy coverages and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like accidents, careless driving, and a lousy credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new policy. Once received, place your new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverages on each price quote and to quote with every insurance company. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Everyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Drivers who get comparison quotes once a year are highly likely to move their business because of the good chance of finding more affordable rates. A recent study showed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved approximately $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest price on Acura RDX insurance in Lexington is your ultimate target, then knowing how to find companies and compare insurance can help simplify the process.
It’s important to know that comparing a large number of companies will enable you to find the best rates.
The companies in the list below offer free rate quotes in Kentucky. To get cheap auto insurance in Kentucky, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Lexington, buying insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your RDX, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Acura at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your Acura. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Acura gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $750 every year so shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance analysis for an Acura RDX
The information displayed below outlines detailed analysis of coverage costs for Acura RDX models. Learning a little about how insurance policy premiums are figured can help you make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RDX Technology Package 2WD||$284||$500||$278||$16||$84||$1,162||$97|
|RDX Technology Package AWD||$284||$500||$278||$16||$84||$1,162||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can increase or decrease premiums substantially.
Impact of citations and accidents on Lexington insurance rates
The illustration below shows how violations and accidents can raise Acura RDX car insurance rates for different insured age categories. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The information below illustrates the comparison of Acura RDX insurance prices when comparing full coverage to liability only. The information is based on no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There isn’t a written rule that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Acura RDX replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $200 a year to have full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Car insurance policy discounts for Acura RDX insurance in Lexington
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might find some hidden discounts to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some companies provide a discount for switching companies prior to your current RDX insurance policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- College Student – Kids living away from Lexington attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a course in safe driver is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The chart below shows the comparison of Acura RDX auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
To see insurers that offer some of these discounts in Kentucky, click this link.
Buying from car insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Lexington that can provide free Lexington car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to leave your house as quotes are delivered to you directly. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Picking an provider should include more criteria than just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Lexington?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Who are their largest clients?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Lexington for you
When looking for a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies from which to choose. Agents in Lexington are considered either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Lexington willing to provide comparison quotes.
Joe Daugherty – State Farm Insurance Agent
651 Perimeter Dr Ste 204 – Lexington, KY 40517 – (859) 269-4990 – View Map
Independent agents are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles through many different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing insurance prices, you absolutely need to compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are Lexington independent insurance agencies who can help you get price quotes.
Triad Insurance Agency, Inc.
1216 S Broadway – Lexington, KY 40504 – (859) 255-0806 – View Map
Cheap coverage is out there
In this article, we covered many tips how you can compare Acura RDX insurance premium rates in Lexington. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Acura RDX rate quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
The cheapest Acura RDX insurance in Lexington is available from both online companies in addition to many Lexington insurance agents, so get free Lexington car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. A few companies do not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agents.
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Lexington? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lexington Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lexington Car Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)