Locating the most affordable Lexington Volkswagen Touareg insurance quotes on the web can seem to be overwhelming for consumers who are beginners to quoting and buying their car insurance on the web. With so many agents and insurers available, how can you effectively compare every one to find the best available price?
Steps to buying cheaper Volkswagen Touareg insurance in Lexington
To save the most money, the best way to find lower priced car insurance rates in Lexington is to compare prices once a year from different companies who sell auto insurance in Kentucky.
First, spend some time learning about coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for ideas to help prevent costly coverage and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Touareg coverage is available in Lexington. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new coverage. Be sure to place the new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
It’s shocking but a large majority of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. With the average premium in Kentucky being $2,100, drivers can save about 30% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t believe the actual amount they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
Quoting and buying the lowest-priced policy in Lexington is not as hard as you think. Virtually anyone who has to buy car insurance will more than likely get better rates. Although Kentucky consumers should learn how insurance companies calculate your car insurance rates and apply this information to your search.
Cheapest auto insurance in Lexington, KY
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in Lexington, KY. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Analysis of Volkswagen Touareg rates
The rate information displayed next showcases different policy rates for Volkswagen Touareg models. Having insight into how insurance prices are formulated is important for you to make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Touareg 3 Turbo Diesel AWD 4-Dr||$168||$356||$368||$22||$110||$1,024||$85|
|Touareg 3.6 AWD 4-Dr||$168||$356||$368||$22||$110||$1,024||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in specific Lexington garaging location which can revise rates considerably.
Driving violations and accidents
The example below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault collisions can affect Volkswagen Touareg car insurance rates for each age group. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Volkswagen Touareg insurance costs by age and gender
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen Touareg insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Liability only or full coverage
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Touareg car insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The prices are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no set guideline for phasing out full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Volkswagen Touareg claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $800 a year for full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
How You Can Control Volkswagen Touareg Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are. It’s important that you understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. When you understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
Responsible credit saves on auto insurance – Having a bad credit score can be an important factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit can be improved, you may save money insuring your Volkswagen Touareg by taking the time to improve your credit score. People with excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with worse credit.
Insure car and home with the same company – Most larger companies afford lower prices to people who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, consumers should still shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most. Consumers may find lower rates by insuring with multiple companies.
Single drivers take more risk – Having a spouse can actually save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially and insurance companies like that married couples file fewer claims.
Vehicle theft costs us all – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you some money. Anti-theft features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder your car from being stolen.
Safety first – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you.
Premiums are high for teenagers – Teen drivers in Kentucky are proven to get distracted easily when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are safer drivers.
The chart below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Loss probability for a Volkswagen Touareg – Companies analyze the history of losses when they file their rates in each state. Models that historically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more to insure. The table below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Volkswagen Touareg vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Specific Volkswagen Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volkswagen Touareg 4dr 4WD||131||115||133||56||65||87|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper rates with these rate reducing discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched some of the more common as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Larger insurance companies have a break if you buy a life policy as well.
- Online Discount – A few auto insurance companies will provide an incentive get Lexington car insurance online.
- Professional Memberships – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a defensive driving course may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen Touareg insurance premiums with and without discounts applied. The premiums are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO discounts include daytime running lights, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, air bags, and five-year accident-free.
- Travelers offers discounts for home ownership, early quote, continuous insurance, payment discounts, good student, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including renewal discount, multi-policy, good student, youthful driver, 55 and retired, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for multi-policy, new move discount, good student, newly retired, preferred payment discount, multi-car, and safety features.
- American Family may have discounts that include early bird, bundled insurance, good driver, TimeAway discount, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in Lexington. To view companies who offer online Volkswagen Touareg insurance quotes in Lexington, click this link.
Insurance agencies can help
Some people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is especially important in Lexington.
By using this quick form, your information gets sent to participating agents in Lexington who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency because prices are sent directly to you. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, you can always go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Lexington for you
If you need to find a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures from which to choose. Lexington agents are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not employed by one company and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to include at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison. A lot of them also have access to less well-known companies which may have better rates.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agencies in Lexington who may be able to give you free rate quotes.
- Boggs Insurance Agency, Inc.
1353 W Main St # 2 – Lexington, KY 40508 – (859) 977-2055 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Bryan Joseph Mitchell Agency
252 E Third St – Lexington, KY 40508 – (859) 293-2253 – View Map
- Strong Insurance Agency, LLC
80 Codell Dr #120 – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 263-5840 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years mainly due to high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are Lexington exclusive agents that are able to give price quote information.
- Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance Fayette County – Versailles Rd
1316 Versailles Rd – Lexington, KY 40504 – (859) 253-1626 – View Map
- Howard Shelton State Farm
2614 Richmond Road – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 266-6640 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
3100 Old Todds Rd #110 – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 286-8655 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Lexington should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Where are claims handled?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, extreme rates for teen drivers and even high prices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
You just read some good ideas how to reduce Volkswagen Touareg insurance premium rates online in Lexington. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Lexington car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best premium rates are with the smaller companies.
Discount Volkswagen Touareg insurance in Lexington can be sourced on the web in addition to many Lexington insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
Steps to buying lower priced Volkswagen Touareg insurance in Lexington
Really, the only way to find affordable quotes for Volkswagen Touareg insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies who sell insurance in Lexington. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like traffic citations, accidents, and an imperfect credit rating can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper Touareg coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new carrier. Once the application is submitted, safely store the proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
An important note is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)