Are you drained from sacrificing to pay high car insurance rates every month? You are no different than millions of other vehicle owners.
Shockingly, almost 70% of drivers in Kentucky have remained with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. American consumers could save about $860 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to shop their coverage around.
How to find low-cost rates for Pontiac G8 insurance in Lexington
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates in Lexington is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Kentucky.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about auto insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like high-risk driving behaviors and a lousy credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies. View companies
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A tip to remember is to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Popular companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance persitently shower you with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Most larger insurance companies give price estimates directly from their websites. Doing online quotes for Pontiac G8 insurance in Lexington is possible for anyone because you just enter your coverage information on the page. Once entered, their system automatically retrieves credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information based on these factors. Using the web to get rates for Pontiac G8 insurance in Lexington simplifies rate comparisons, and it is important to do this if you want to find the cheapest insurance rates.
To compare rates using this form now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you copy your coverages as shown on your current policy. This way, you’re receiving comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Lexington, KY. To find cheap car insurance in KY, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Do you qualify for discounts on Pontiac G8 insurance in Lexington?
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but a few must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a defensive driving class is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new G8 can get you a discount because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Smart Student Discounts – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for cheaper insurance rates.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable companies to scrutinize driving manner by using a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on G8 insurance in Lexington.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive Pontiac G8 insurance in Lexington.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Clubs and Organizations – Having an affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings when shopping for insurance.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works. But any discount will definitely lower your premiums.
Car insurance companies that may offer quotes with these discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company to apply every possible discount. Discounts might not be offered in Lexington. To locate insurers with discount insurance rates in Kentucky, click here to view.
What Determines Pontiac G8 Insurance Prices?
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, although others are more obscure such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
Higher rates for coverage lapses – Not maintaining insurance is a big no-no and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage will get you a license revocation or jail time.
File auto insurance claims and pay more – Auto insurance companies in Kentucky give most affordable rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
How much liability coverage – The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage if you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so buy as much as you can afford.
Cars with good safety ratings means lower auto insurance rates – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates.
Performance influences rates – The type of car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a big difference in the rate you pay. The lowest premiums will normally be found when insuring low performance passenger models, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Experienced drivers pay less – Youthful drivers in Kentucky are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted when driving so they pay higher auto insurance rates. More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.
Comparing quotes from local Lexington insurance agencies
Certain consumers would prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer because prices are sent instantly to you. If you wish to compare rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking an provider is decision based upon more than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is the agency active in community causes in Lexington?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Lexington?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
Different types of car insurance agents in Lexington
If you’re trying to find a reliable insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents may be either exclusive or independent. Both sell and service insurance coverage, but it’s worth learning the differences because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type work for only one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Lexington that are able to give price quote information.
Joe Daugherty – State Farm Insurance Agent
651 Perimeter Dr Ste 204 – Lexington, KY 40517 – (859) 269-4990 – View Map
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies through many different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing insurance prices, we highly recommend that you compare prices from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below are Lexington independent agencies that are able to give price quotes.
Al Jones Insurance Agency
274 Southland Dr, Suite #106A – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 276-0400 – View Map
If you receive good feedback to your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that will provide insurance coverage. Keep in mind you are able to terminate your policy at any time so don’t think you’re contractually obligated to a specific company with no way to switch.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost.
Low-cost Pontiac G8 insurance in Lexington is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood Lexington agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not have internet price quotes and many times these smaller companies work with local independent agents.
You just read a lot of ways to get a better price on Pontiac G8 insurance in Lexington. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates are with the least-expected company. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Steps to finding better rates for Pontiac G8 insurance in Lexington
The preferred way to find better pricing on Pontiac G8 insurance in Lexington is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers who sell auto insurance in Kentucky.
- First, try to understand how car insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper G8 coverage is available in Lexington. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A good tip to remember is to use identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get prices from every insurance company. This enables a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
More information can be read on the following sites:
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Lexington? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)