Shopping for the lowest price Lexington Audi TT RS insurance quotes might seem impossible for consumers who are beginners to quoting and comparing rates on the web. With a ridiculous number of insurers available, how can you have time to compare every possible option in order to find better insurance prices?
Unbelievable but true, most drivers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never even compared rates from other companies. Lexington drivers could save an average of approximately $631 each year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue the actual amount they would save if they switch to a new company.
Our objective in writing this article is to teach you how to effectively get price quotes and also pocket some savings If you are paying for car insurance now, you will definitely be able to cut your premiums using the tips covered below. Nevertheless, Kentucky consumers do need to learn the methods companies use to determine how much to charge because it varies considerably.
To find low cost quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from lots of Kentucky insurance companies. The recommended way to compare rates is simply to get online rate quotes. Just keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies increases your odds of finding the best offered rates. Not every company provides online Lexington TT RS insurance quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare prices from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Lexington, KY. If you want cheap auto insurance in KY, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Verify you’re earning every discount
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find insurance savings.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Lexington auto insurance but check with your company.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors could receive a slight reduction on a Lexington auto insurance quote.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Online Discount – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks shop Lexington auto insurance on your computer.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Larger insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- State Farm has savings for accident-free, driver’s education, good student, safe vehicle, multiple policy, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for multi-car, new graduate, safety features, hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, and newly married.
- American Family may offer discounts for good student, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, and good driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for switch companies, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, and bundle discounts.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including good student, multi-policy, mature driver, multiple vehicles, and paid in full.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include bundle discounts, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, teen safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
When quoting, ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not apply in your state. To locate providers who offer online Audi TT RS insurance quotes in Kentucky, click here.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Audi TT RS insurance, paying for car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will require that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Audi at a much higher rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Audi but also your financial assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying car insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $700 annually so compare rate quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Best auto insurance in Kentucky
Selecting a highly-rated car insurance company is difficult considering how many choices drivers have in Lexington. The ranking data displayed below could help you analyze which auto insurers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Lexington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Lexington Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
Car insurance quotes from neighborhood Lexington auto insurance agents
Some people just prefer to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find the best rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local agents is important especially in Lexington.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Lexington who can give free rate quotes to get your business. There is no need to leave your house because prices are sent to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
The difference between Lexington car insurance agents
When searching for a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Lexington can be classified as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company so they can write business with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to contact a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. Most also have access to different regional companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Lexington that may be able to provide price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: McGuire Insurance Agency, Inc
185 Pasadena Dr Ste 235 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 268-2542 – View Map
- Greater Lexington Insurance Agency, Inc.
1066 Wellington Way – Lexington, KY 40513 – (859) 224-2477 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Turner Ins Group LLC
3320 Clays Mill Rd #211 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 219-0972 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand instead of buying on price only.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Lexington that are able to give price quotes.
- Bill Rea – State Farm Insurance Agent
138 E Reynolds Rd #102 – Lexington, KY 40517 – (859) 273-7373 – View Map
- Howard Shelton State Farm
2614 Richmond Road – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 266-6640 – View Map
- Shelter Insurance – Dawan Hart
2050 Regency Rd – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 276-2661 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Get answers to these questions too.
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- How long have they been in business?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?