It takes a few minutes, but the best way to quote cheaper car insurance rates in Lexington is to regularly compare prices from companies in Kentucky.
First, try to learn a little about coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many factors that increase rates such as your driving record and a less-than-favorable credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, notify your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new coverage. As soon as you can, keep your new certificate of insurance in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
One thing to point out is that you'll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on every quote and and to look at as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don't want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who shop around for a cheaper policy are likely to switch companies because there are good odds of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent study showed that consumers who compared rates regularly saved as much as $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who don't regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest price on auto insurance is why you're here, then having an understanding of how to quote prices and compare cheaper coverage can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Obtaining price quotes for more affordable policy in Lexington is not as hard as you think. If you have a policy now or want to find a cheaper company, take advantage of these tips to save money while maximizing coverage. Vehicle owners only need to know the quickest way to get comparison rates online.
Save money by taking advantage of these six discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be available discounts that you may not know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but some must be manually applied before you get the savings. If you don't get every credit available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Government Employee Discount - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Lexington auto insurance but check with your company.
- Good Student - Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Sign Early and Save - A few companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Own a Home - Owning a house in Lexington may trigger a policy discount on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
To find providers offering insurance discounts in Kentucky, click this link.
Cheap Lexington Audi RS7 insurance
The majority of larger companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive provide prices for coverage directly from their websites. Getting Audi RS7 insurance prices online is pretty easy as you simply enter your personal and coverage information on the page. When the form is submitted, their rating system gets your driving record and credit report and returns a price quote.
The ability to get online rates for Audi RS7 insurance in Lexington makes it simple to compare prices and it's absolutely necessary to do this if you want to get cheap car insurance pricing.
To compare pricing, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you duplicate your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This ensures you will receive an apples-to-apples comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Kentucky. To get the cheapest auto insurance in Kentucky, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Do I need special coverages?
When quoting and choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. These are some specific questions might help in determining if you might need an agent's assistance.
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- What is PIP insurance?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Local agents and auto insurance
Some people just want to have an agent's advice and that is OK! Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is especially important in Lexington.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Lexington who will give competitive quotes for your business. There is no reason to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you have a need to compare rates for a specific company, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
The difference between Lexington car insurance agents
If you would like to find a local insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they work. Agencies in Lexington are categorized either independent or exclusive. Both do a good job, but it's a good idea to understand the differences since it may influence the selection process.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don't have to do anything. When searching for an agent, you will want to get quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. A lot of them also have access to lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Lexington that can give you rate quotes.
- Keystone Sills Insurance Agency
210 Malabu Dr - Lexington, KY 40502 - (859) 276-1881 - View Map
- Kentucky Insurance Group-Joe Downs
989 Governors Ln - Lexington, KY 40513 - (859) 277-8877 - View Map
- Lexington Insurance Agency, Inc.
465 E High St #101 - Lexington, KY 40507 - (859) 253-6570 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than low price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Lexington that can give you price quotes.
- Joe Daugherty - State Farm Insurance Agent
651 Perimeter Dr Ste 204 - Lexington, KY 40517 - (859) 269-4990 - View Map
- State Farm: Bethany Hicks
1050 Chinoe Rd #100 - Lexington, KY 40502 - (859) 264-0246 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Joshua Williams
2240 Executive Dr Ste 103 - Lexington, KY 40505 - (859) 243-0162 - View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Audi RS7 in Lexington, insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Audi, it's most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Audi at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Audi RS7 but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver overpays more than $869 every year so compare rates at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Car insurance coverages for an Audi RS7
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverage types found on most auto insurance policies.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for doctor visits, hospital visits, nursing services and surgery. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft, damage from flooding and a broken windshield. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This pays for damage to your RS7 from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter, damaging your car on a curb, rolling your car and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It's also possible to bump up the deductible on your RS7 to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Audi RS7.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/10 in Kentucky), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/10 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims like emergency aid, repair bills for other people's vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects, attorney fees and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Kentucky state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
More quotes mean more insurance savings
Affordable Audi RS7 insurance in Lexington can be found online in addition to many Lexington insurance agents, so get free Lexington auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional carriers work with independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don't be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
More information can be read at these links:
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Teachers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lexington Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Impreza? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Veterans in Lexington? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)