No sane person looks forward to paying premiums for auto insurance, particularly when they could find better rates elsewhere.
It’s amazing but 70% of consumers have been with the same company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Consumers in Lexington could save an average of approximately $631 each year just by shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rates and save money.
Steps to buying cheaper Cadillac XLR insurance in Lexington
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Lexington is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies that sell auto insurance in Kentucky. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like distracted driving and poor credit history can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment for your new policy. As soon as you can, put the proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Companies like GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive increase brand awareness with ads and it is difficult to sift through the bull and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Check for these discounts on Cadillac XLR insurance in Lexington
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied when you purchase, but a few need to be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers get the best car insurance rates when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a discount up to 10%.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Large car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- 21st Century includes discounts for driver training, anti-lock brakes, student driver, homeowners, early bird, and theft prevention.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- State Farm has savings for Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, good student, good driver, driver’s education, student away at school, and safe vehicle.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Esurance offers discounts for safety device, defensive driver, good driver, Switch & Save, homeowner, multi-policy, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford discounts include bundle, vehicle fuel type, good student, defensive driver, anti-theft, air bag, and driver training.
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company how you can save money. Some credits might not be offered everywhere. For a list of providers that offer discounts in Lexington, click here to view.
The following companies provide price comparisons in Lexington, KY. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance agents can help
Always remember that when buying a policy, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are unique to you.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Local neighborhood Lexington car insurance agents
A lot of people just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Professional agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to insurance agents in Lexington that can provide free Lexington car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
When looking for a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they function. Insurance agencies in Lexington can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can do a good job, but it’s important to know the differences because it can factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Lexington willing to provide price quote information.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents are appointed with more than one company so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
If you need lower rates, you will want to include price quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Lexington that can give you price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Tim Hamilton Insurance Agency Inc
401 Lewis Hargett Cir #130 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 276-1234 – View Map
Nationwide Insurance: McGuire Insurance Agency, Inc
185 Pasadena Dr Ste 235 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 268-2542 – View Map
Persistence pays off
Budget-friendly insurance in Lexington is available both online as well as from independent agents in Lexington, so you need to shop Lexington car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not provide rate quotes online and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions or even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is easier than you think.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to reduce Cadillac XLR insurance car insurance rates online in Lexington. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from a smaller regional carrier.
How to find discount Cadillac XLR insurance in Lexington
The most effective way to find affordable auto insurance rates in Lexington is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers in Kentucky.
First, read and learn about policy coverages and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like accidents, traffic tickets, and a substandard credit history can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies. View prices
Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One piece of advice is to use identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and to quote with all possible companies. This helps ensure a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
Additional detailed information is located in the articles below:
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)