It’s well known that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who perform rate comparisons will probably buy a new policy because they have good chances of finding a lower rate. A survey found that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved approximately $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest price for insurance in Lexington is your objective, then understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance can help simplify the process.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to save money on Pontiac GTO insurance in Lexington is to do an annual price comparison from different companies who provide auto insurance in Kentucky.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic tickets, and a negative credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Lexington. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a completed application for your new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
One bit of advice is to use identical coverage information on every quote and to quote with as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
This article’s goal is to instruct you on how to get online quotes and also save some money in the process If you have a current car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas you’re about to read. Shoppers just need to know the fastest way to compare prices online from multiple companies.
Most of the larger companies give coverage prices on their websites. The process is pretty easy because it’s just a matter of typing in the coverages you want into the quote form. After you submit the form the company’s rating system obtains your driving record and credit report and returns a price based on many factors.
The ability to get online quotes for Pontiac GTO insurance in Lexington makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s very important to get many rate quotes in order to find cheap prices.
To quickly find out what other companies charge, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you duplicate the coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This makes sure you will get a rate comparison based on identical coverages.
The following companies are ready to provide quotes in Kentucky. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Kentucky, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance quotes and discounts
Insurance is not inexpensive, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Defensive Driver – Participating in a course teaching defensive driving skills could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers can get a small discount on rates.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford offers discounts including vehicle fuel type, good student, bundle, driver training, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include age of vehicle, accident-free, multi-policy, good student, annual mileage, type of vehicle, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may have discounts that include driver training, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, and good student.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-policy, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, good driver, education and occupation, anti-theft, and good student.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, safe vehicle, driver’s education, multiple autos, and good driver.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above may not be available in every state. To find insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Lexington, click here.
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Pontiac GTO in Lexington, paying for auto insurance is mandatory in Kentucky but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will require you to have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Pontiac at a much higher rate and make you pay for it.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Kentucky is overpaying over $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Lexington auto insurance company ratings
Insuring your vehicle with the right car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies sell coverage in Lexington. The company ratings in the next section could help you analyze which car insurance providers to look at when looking for cheaper rates.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Neighborhood Lexington auto insurance agents
Many people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Professional insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is still important in Lexington.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to companies in Lexington who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to find an agent because prices are sent directly to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you would need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agents in Lexington can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s important to know how they are different because it can influence which agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance rates, you absolutely need to get several quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection. Most also write with companies you’ve never heard of which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Lexington who may be able to give you rate quotes.
- Neely Taylor-Wade Insurance
133 Walton Ave – Lexington, KY 40508 – (859) 233-7855 – View Map
- Sullivan Insurance Agency
635 N Broadway – Lexington, KY 40508 – (859) 233-1637 – View Map
- Blue Grass Insurance
2560 Richmond Rd # 200 – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 543-0050 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Some people will only use the same agent partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
The following are Lexington exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- Bob Pugh – State Farm Insurance Agent
828 Lane Allen Rd #251 – Lexington, KY 40504 – (859) 276-4421 – View Map
- Dawn Stice – State Farm Insurance Agent
121 Prosperous Pl Ste 11A – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 271-2277 – View Map
- State Farm: Bethany Hicks
1050 Chinoe Rd #100 – Lexington, KY 40502 – (859) 264-0246 – View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- What companies can they write with?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
Once you have received answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, most likely you have located an insurance agency that meets your needs to provide car insurance coverage.