Truthfully, the best way to find affordable auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies who sell auto insurance in Lexington.
Step 1: Get an understanding of how car insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if cheaper Rendezvous coverage is available in Lexington. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Inconceivable but true, nearly 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Kentucky drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they won't spend time to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
If you're already insured or are shopping for new coverage, you will benefit by learning to buy cheaper car insurance without sacrificing coverage. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Lexington is much easier if you know where to start. Vehicle owners only have to learn the best way to quote multiple rates online.
The easiest way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know all the major auto insurance companies participate in online systems to compare their rates. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like your education level, how you use your vehicles, what your job is, and how old drivers are. The rating information is then submitted to many of the top insurers and they return rate quotes quickly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Kentucky. If your goal is to find cheaper auto insurance in KY, it's highly recommended you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three reasons insurance is important
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Lexington, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Buick has a lienholder, almost every bank will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Buick for a much higher rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Buick Rendezvous and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in Kentucky overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Get cheaper rates by earning discounts
Some insurance providers don't always advertise the entire discount list very clearly, so below is a list both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Good Grades Discount - Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Life Insurance - Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Full Payment Discount - By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Own a Home - Owning a house in Lexington can save you money because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies aren't that generous.
Car insurance companies who might offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
If you need the cheapest Buick Rendezvous rate quotes, ask every company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in every state.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Lexington insurance agency
Many people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move Professional insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting small agencies is important particularly in Lexington.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Lexington who can give free rate quotes to get your business. There is no reason to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
When researching a local Lexington insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies that you can select. Car insurance policy providers can be categorized as either independent or exclusive. Either type can provide car insurance policies, but it's worth learning the differences since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage through many different car insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing car insurance rates, you absolutely need to get quotes from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Lexington who may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are well schooled on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are Lexington exclusive insurance agents willing to provide price quote information.
Choosing a insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Lexington?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- How many years have they been established?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
Smart consumers save more
When getting Lexington auto insurance quotes online, it's not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for Buick Rendezvous insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding affordable Buick Rendezvous insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best rates are with a lesser-known regional company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Lexington? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lexington Car Insurance for a Kia Forte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lexington Car Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lexington Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)