It's astonishing, but most consumers in Kentucky kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Consumers in the U.S. could save about 47% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't understand how easy it is to compare other rate quotes.
Truthfully, the best way to find cheaper Acura NSX insurance in Lexington is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers who provide car insurance in Kentucky. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- First, try to comprehend what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit history can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for information to help prevent costly coverage and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on NSX insurance in Lexington. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you're comparing similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to find the best rates using the techniques covered below. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Lexington can initially seem challenging. Nevertheless, Kentucky vehicle owners must understand the way insurance companies determine what you pay and use this information to your advantage.
The quickest method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to understand most of the bigger providers have advanced systems to give rate comparisons. To get started, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like whether or not you need a SR-22, the ages of drivers, whether you have decent credit, and coverage limits. Your rating data is instantly sent to many highly-rated insurers and they return quotes instantly.
To check Acura NSX insurance prices now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Lexington.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Lexington, KY. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Why you need auto insurance
Even though Lexington NSX insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is required in Kentucky but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your NSX with a loan, most lenders will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Acura at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Acura NSX. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $800 each year so shop around at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance policy discounts for Acura NSX insurance in Lexington
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but there could be available discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive may permit one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven't had any claims prior to the accident.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver's education if offered at their school.
- Multiple Policy Discount - When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Telematics Data - Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to look at driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Select companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Lexington Homeowners Pay Less - Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because it demonstrates responsibility.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you're out of luck.
The best insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including seat belt use, driver training, air bags, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, and drive less.
- State Farm discounts include good student, anti-theft, multiple policy, accident-free, and good driver.
- MetLife has savings for multi-policy, accident-free, good student, claim-free, good driver, defensive driver
- 21st Century includes discounts for good student, teen driver, air bags, homeowners, anti-lock brakes, and theft prevention.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, multi-policy, and homeowner.
Check with each company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in your area. For a list of providers who offer discounts in Lexington, follow this link.
When to talk to an agent
Many drivers would rather visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get lower premium rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to companies in Lexington who will return price quotes for your coverage. You don't have to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Lexington should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Lexington?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
Different types of Lexington auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company's rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Lexington willing to provide comparison quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you should always get several quotes from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following is a list of independent agents in Lexington that are able to give price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: McGuire Insurance Agency, Inc
185 Pasadena Dr Ste 235 - Lexington, KY 40503 - (859) 268-2542 - View Map
If you feel you receive positive responses to your questions and a low price estimate, you've probably found an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to properly insure your vehicles.
Be persistent to save money
We just covered some good ideas how you can compare Acura NSX insurance premium rates in Lexington. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Acura NSX rate quotes. You may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. They often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it's a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found in the articles below:
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Lexington? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Teachers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lexington Car Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)