If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to save on car insurance rates in Lexington is to compare prices once a year from companies who sell auto insurance in Kentucky. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as getting speeding tickets and a lousy credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available in Lexington. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you're comparing the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It's an obvious conclusion that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who shop around for cheaper rates are highly likely to switch to a new company because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower-priced company. A recent study showed that people who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved as much as $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the most affordable car insurance is your goal, then learning a little about how to shop for car insurance can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
If you're already insured or want to find a cheaper company, you can follow these tips to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. Locating the best rates in Lexington can be much easier if you know how to start. Shoppers just have to understand the best way to compare prices from many different companies online.
Compare quotes for Lexington Audi TTS insurance
Cutting your Lexington car insurance rates is actually quite simple. Consumers just need to take time to compare rate quotes provided by online insurance companies.
Comparison shopping price quotes online is easy and it makes it obsolete to make phone calls or go to different Lexington agent offices. Buying insurance online eliminates the middleman unless your situation requires the extra assistance only provided by licensed Lexington agents. Some companies do allow you to get the lowest quotes online but buy the policy through an agent.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Kentucky. To get the cheapest auto insurance in KY, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Save money by earning discounts
Auto insurance companies don't list every possible discount very clearly, so the list below details both the well known as well as the least known credits available to you. If you're not getting every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Active Military Service - Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Require your teen driver to enroll in driver's education if offered at their school.
- Accident Waiver - This one isn't a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates as long as you don't have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Multiple Policy Discount - When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Accident Free - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates when compared with bad drivers.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Driving less can earn substantially lower rates.
- Paper-free Discount - A handful of companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on the internet.
Drivers should understand that some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
If you would like to view companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Kentucky, follow this link.
Insurance is an important decision
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure an Audi in Lexington, buying insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your TTS has a loan, most lenders will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Audi for a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Audi gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. But the average driver in Kentucky is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Many people just want to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the best rates but also keep your business local. And supporting local agencies is still important in Lexington.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Two types of auto insurance agents
If you would like to find a good insurance agency, it's important to understand the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agents in Lexington are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both sell and service car insurance coverage, but it is a good idea to know the differences since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to find a new agent. When comparing car insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Lexington that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are well trained on their company's products which aids in selling service over price.
The following are exclusive agencies in Lexington who can help you get price quotes.
Choosing the best auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Lexington?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Lexington?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?