If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find low-cost auto insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from providers that insure vehicles in Lexington. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Take a little time to learn about car insurance and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a not-so-good credit history can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for ideas to get lower rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Lexington. If you can save money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The key thing to remember is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Regrettably, over 70% of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never taken the time to shop around. Drivers in Lexington could save roughly $631 a year just by shopping around, but they don't believe the benefits if they bought a different policy.
The majority of larger companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow consumers to get insurance quotes direct online. Comparing prices online for Audi A8 insurance in Lexington is very simple as all you need to do is type in the amount of coverage you want into the form. Once entered, their system obtains your driving and credit reports and gives you a price quote based on the information you submitted.
Being able to quote online for Audi A8 insurance in Lexington makes comparing rates easy, and it's very important to compare as many rates as possible in order to find cheaper prices.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, check out the insurance providers below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This ensures you will receive comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Lexington, KY. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Take advantage of these discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will be applied when you purchase, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Early Renewal Discounts - A few companies offer discounts for renewing your policy before your current A8 insurance policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Telematics Devices - Lexington drivers who agree to allow companies to analyze driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Progressive's Snapshot might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Paperwork-free - Some companies will provide an incentive for buying a policy and signing up on the internet.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with the same car insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Driver's Education for Students - Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver's ed class if it's offered in school.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you lower premium rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
It's important to understand that some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
The example below illustrates the difference between Audi A8 auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The costs are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-policy, air bags, federal employee, military active duty, and driver training.
- Travelers offers discounts including continuous insurance, good student, IntelliDrive, hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-policy, student away at school, and home ownership.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for driver training, good student, multi-policy, youthful driver, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and 55 and retired.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for preferred payment discount, new move discount, newly retired, newly married, and multi-policy.
- American Family discounts include good student, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, and early bird.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in every state. To view insurers that offer multiple discounts in Kentucky, click here.
Audi A8 coverage analysis
The price information shown below outlines a range of insurance policy prices for Audi A8 models. Having insight into how auto insurance premiums are formulated can help customers make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A8 4.2 Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$204||$448||$342||$20||$102||$1,116||$93|
|A8 4.2L Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$496||$342||$20||$102||$1,180||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in Lexington location which can influence rates significantly.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Audi A8 insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. Data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The chart below shows the comparison of Audi A8 insurance prices for male and female drivers. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
When buying insurance it's important to understand the different types of things that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in lower rates. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but some are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
The items below are a few of the things insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
Premiums are lower the older you get - Teenage drivers in Kentucky are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends so insurance rates are higher. Adding a inexperienced driver to your policy can be very expensive. Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
The following chart is based on a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Remove unneeded extra policy coverages - Insurance policies have a lot of additional extra coverages that you can buy but may not be useful. Coverages for coverage for rental cars, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage could be just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when talking to your agent, but if you've never needed them in the past remove them from your policy.
Poor credit decisions can cost you - Credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay. Drivers who have very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit ratings. If your credit score could use some work, you could save money insuring your Audi A8 if you clean up your credit.
Don't skimp on liability insurance - Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you if you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
More traffic equals higher premiums - Living in a rural area is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers have more traffic problems and higher rates of accident claims. Spending more time driving means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Audi A8 claim statistics - Insurers use statistical claims data in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher premium rates. The table below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Audi A8 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is a value of 100. Values under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
|Specific Audi Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi A8 4dr 4WD||289||108||261|
|Audi A8L 4dr 4WD||300||88||279||62|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare prices but buy from a local Lexington insurance agency
Many people just prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that Professional agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You won't even need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you need to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, don't hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing a insurer requires more thought than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Lexington will have answers to these questions.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Does their agency support local causes in Lexington?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
When searching for a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Lexington can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types can write policy coverage, but we need to point out the differences because it can impact which agent you choose.
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. They receive extensive training on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years primarily because of loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Lexington that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Tom Barrick
2891 Richmond Rd Ste 115 - Lexington, KY 40509 - (859) 268-3222 - View Map
- State Farm: Mike Brownell
501 Darby Creek Rd - Lexington, KY 40509 - (859) 543-8454 - View Map
- Howard Shelton State Farm
2614 Richmond Road - Lexington, KY 40509 - (859) 266-6640 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, it's a good idea to include price quotes from independent agents for the best price selection. Many independent agencies also insure through mutual insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are independent agents in Lexington willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Al Jones Insurance Agency
274 Southland Dr, Suite #106A - Lexington, KY 40503 - (859) 276-0400 - View Map
- Ky Insurance and Investment
1801 Alexandria Dr - Lexington, KY 40504 - (859) 373-1282 - View Map
- Keystone Sills Insurance Agency
210 Malabu Dr - Lexington, KY 40502 - (859) 276-1881 - View Map
What is YOUR best insurance company?
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to reduce Audi A8 insurance auto insurance rates online in Lexington. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
Discount Audi A8 insurance in Lexington can be bought both online as well as from independent agents in Lexington, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies don't offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, it's a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed full coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Much more information about car insurance in Kentucky can be found at the links below
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Lexington Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Impreza? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)