Finding more affordable Audi A4 insurance in Lexington is very difficult for drivers who have little experience comparison shopping online. Drivers have so many options that it can easily be hard work to lower your rates on Audi A4 insurance.
How to quote cheaper Audi A4 insurance in Lexington
Really, the only way to find affordable quotes for Audi A4 insurance in Lexington is to compare prices annually from providers in Kentucky. You can compare rates by following these steps.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for additional ideas to help prevent expensive coverage and find overlooked discounts.
Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies. View insurance agents
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a completed application for your new policy. Immediately store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is that you'll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. This provides a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
It's hard to believe, but the majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and just under half have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Consumers in Lexington could save up to $631 each year, but they don't believe the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a more affordable policy.
You should make it a habit to compare premium rates on a regular basis because rates tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rate on Audi A4 insurance in Lexington at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to how to use the internet to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Locating the best rates in Lexington can initially seem challenging. Basically, every driver who wants cheaper auto insurance will probably find a better price. Although Kentucky consumers can benefit by having an understanding of how the larger insurance companies compete online and use it to your advantage.
It's important to know that comparing more prices will enable you to find more affordable insurance.
The providers in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Lexington, KY. To buy the cheapest auto insurance in Kentucky, we recommend you click on several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Auto insurance statistics and figures
The rate table below showcases estimates of policy rates for Audi A4 models. Having a good grasp of how premiums are figured can help you make smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo Station Wagon||$324||$576||$428||$26||$128||$1,482||$124|
|A4 2.0T Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$324||$500||$428||$26||$128||$1,406||$117|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$324||$500||$428||$26||$128||$1,406||$117|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo Station Wagon||$324||$576||$428||$26||$128||$1,482||$124|
|A4 2.0T Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$362||$576||$428||$26||$128||$1,520||$127|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$362||$576||$428||$26||$128||$1,520||$127|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$362||$576||$428||$26||$128||$1,520||$127|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo Station Wagon||$362||$576||$428||$26||$128||$1,520||$127|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$362||$576||$428||$26||$128||$1,520||$127|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$362||$576||$428||$26||$128||$1,520||$127|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can change premium rates greatly.
Lower rates by qualifying for these ten discounts
Some insurance providers don't necessarily list every possible discount very clearly, so below is a list some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you. If they aren't giving you every credit you qualify for, you're paying more than you need to.
- Auto/Home Discount - When you combine your auto and home insurance with the same company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Distant Student Discount - College-age children who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Discount for New Cars - Putting insurance on a new A4 is cheaper because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Good Student Discount - Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Cautious Drivers - Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Lexington car insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
- Own a Home - Owning a house in Lexington can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having an actively deployed family member may lower your prices slightly.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Having primary and secondary vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like GEICO and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don't have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don't apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that it's possible to get free car insurance, you won't be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your premiums.
The chart below shows the comparison of Audi A4 yearly insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The data is based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
For a list of insurers that offer discounts in Lexington, follow this link.
Insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, paying for insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Audi A4, it's guaranteed your bank will force you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Audi at an extremely high rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $825 a year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Ratings for Kentucky auto insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with a good quality auto insurance provider can be difficult considering how many choices there are in Lexington. The company ratings in the lists below may help you pick which auto insurance companies you want to consider shopping prices with.
Top 10 Lexington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- The Hartford
Top 10 Lexington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA - 91%
- AAA Insurance - 90%
- Esurance - 90%
- Nationwide - 89%
- Travelers - 88%
- Progressive - 88%
- Safeco Insurance - 88%
- State Farm - 88%
- Allstate - 88%
- The Hartford - 87%
When to get professional advice
Always remember that when buying coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
If it's difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Auto insurance agents near you
A lot of people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to companies in Lexington that can give you free Lexington car insurance quotes to get your business. There is no need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You'll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to compare prices from a specific company, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurer shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. A good agent in Lexington will have answers to these questions.
- Is the agency active in community causes in Lexington?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Kentucky?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
When researching a local Lexington insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they operate. Agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to compare other company's rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers often use the same agent primarily because of the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are Lexington exclusive insurance agencies that can give you rate quotes.
- Russ Tucker - State Farm Insurance Agent
1206 N Broadway - Lexington, KY 40505 - (859) 259-0404 - View Map
- Tophan Kulkriwes - State Farm Insurance Agent
1010 Monarch St #250 - Lexington, KY 40513 - (859) 276-4422 - View Map
- Bob Pugh - State Farm Insurance Agent
828 Lane Allen Rd #251 - Lexington, KY 40504 - (859) 276-4421 - View Map
These type of agents often have many company appointments and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, it's a good idea to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates. Many write coverage with small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Lexington that can give you comparison quotes.
- Bray and Oakley Insurance Agency, Inc.
3061 Fieldstone Way - Lexington, KY 40513 - (859) 927-3743 - View Map
- Keystone Sills Insurance Agency
210 Malabu Dr - Lexington, KY 40502 - (859) 276-1881 - View Map
- Sullivan Insurance Agency
635 N Broadway - Lexington, KY 40508 - (859) 233-1637 - View Map
After receiving good feedback to your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have just found an insurance agency that can be trusted to insure your vehicles. Just understand that you are entitled to terminate coverage whenever you want so don't think you're contractually obligated to a specific agent with no way to switch.
Auto insurance coverages and their meanings
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Audi A4.
Since many Kentucky drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like falling objects, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and theft. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle's value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your A4 resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It's also possible to increase the deductible on your A4 to get cheaper collision coverage.
This provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/10 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as loss of income, attorney fees, bail bonds and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Kentucky state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but drivers should carry more coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for immediate expenses such as nursing services, dental work, ambulance fees, hospital visits and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible