Unthinkable but true, most consumers in Kentucky kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. The average driver in America could save themselves $859 a year, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they switched.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies in Lexington.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like multiple speeding tickets and an imperfect credit history can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Lexington. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
Buying affordable car insurance in Lexington is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. If you are insured now or just want a better rate, you can follow these tips to find the best rates while maintaining coverages. Shoppers just need to learn the most effective way to compare different rates instantly.
How Insurers Calculate Subaru Baja Insurance Prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that help calculate the price you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you cheaper rates.
Premiums and your address – Choosing to live in a rural area is a positive aspect when buying insurance. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates and lower theft and vandalism rates. Residents of big cities tend to have more road rage incidents and a longer drive to work. More time behind the wheel means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
How’s your driving record? – Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Only having one driving citation may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers with flagrant tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
Why do you need liability protection? – The liability section of your policy will provide protection if you are responsible for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
Never let your policy expire – Having a lapse in insurance coverage will be a guaranteed way to pay more for insurance. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage can result in a license revocation or jail time.
Five star crash test rating saves money – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Subaru Baja is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may be receiving a better rate.
Get better rates if married – Having a spouse actually saves money on your insurance policy. It means you’re more mature than a single person and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Keep the miles off and save – The more you drive in a year the higher your rate. Many insurance companies charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level compared to those used for work or business. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance policy states the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. Incorrect rating for your Baja is throwing money out the window.
Prevent theft and save money – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Systems that thwart thieves like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop auto theft and help lower rates.
Score discounts to get cheaper Lexington insurance quotes
Some providers don’t necessarily list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details some of the best known and the harder-to-find ways to save on insurance.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new Baja is cheaper since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Driving Data Discount – People who choose to allow data collection to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Lexington and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount should definitely cut the premium cost.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- State Farm includes discounts for defensive driving training, accident-free, good student, multiple policy, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, and good student.
- Travelers may include discounts for hybrid/electric vehicle, driver training, early quote, save driver, new car, and student away at school.
- American Family has savings for early bird, mySafetyValet, accident-free, Steer into Savings, and defensive driver.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include teen driver discount, newly retired, exclusive group savings, new vehicle discount, multi-policy, and newly married.
If you need inexpensive Lexington auto insurance quotes, ask every company how you can save money. Some credits may not be offered in your state.
You can find cheap coverage
Cheap Subaru Baja insurance in Lexington can be found both online and from local agencies, so you need to shop Lexington auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies don’t offer rate quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, high prices, unfair underwriting practices and lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new car insurance company is not as hard as you think.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Lexington Auto Insurance for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)