Anyone knows that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Drivers who shop around at least once a year are highly likely to switch companies because there are good odds of finding lower rate quotes. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who regularly shopped around saved over $72 a month compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Chevy Bolt EV insurance is your ultimate goal, then learning a little about the best way to quote and compare auto insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find lower priced auto insurance rates in Lexington is to start comparing prices regularly from providers who can sell car insurance in Kentucky.
- Take a little time to learn about auto insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as accidents, careless driving, and a lousy credit rating can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Lexington. If you find a lower rate, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new insurer. Don’t forget to put the certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use similar coverage information on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. This provides an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you are insured now or just want to reduce your rates, use these money-saving tips to reduce the price you pay while maximizing coverage. Locating the best rates in Lexington is really quite easy. Drivers only need to know the proper methods to find the lowest price online.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Lexington
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize every discount available very well, so here is a list a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Lexington car insurance online. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers may receive a small discount on rates.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow data collection to look at when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Lexington car insurance depending on your company.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower price if you buy a life policy as well.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with one company they may give you a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies will give you a small discount for signing up over the internet.
- Own a Home and Save – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will positively reduce your policy premiums.
Some of the insurance companies that may have these discounts include:
Double check with every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in every state. To see a list of insurance companies who offer cheap Chevy Bolt EV insurance quotes in Kentucky, follow this link.
The quickest method to compare car insurance company rates for Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Lexington takes advantage of the fact most insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data such as how many miles driven, how you use your vehicles, if you lease or own, and if your license is active. That rating information gets transmitted to insurance carriers in your area and they return cost estimate instantly to find the best rate.
To compare rates for your Chevy Bolt EV now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Lexington, KY. In order to find the best cheap car insurance in Kentucky, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Chevy Bolt EV Insurance Costs Can Be Lower
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that are used to determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower auto insurance prices.
- Small frequent policy claims are not good – Companies in Kentucky award most affordable rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- High credit scores equal low premiums – Having a bad credit score can be a huge factor in determining your rates. So if your credit score leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet Bolt EV by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers who have good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit ratings.
- Teenagers are high risk – Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be easily distracted in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Having to add a teenage driver to your auto insurance policy can be quite pricey. More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Tickets are costly – Attentive drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Getting just one speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who get serious violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
- Defend yourself with liability – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the protection when you are found to be at fault for an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
What if I want to buy from local Lexington auto insurance agents?
Some people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional agents can help you choose the best coverages and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from small agencies is important particularly in Lexington.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Lexington that can provide free Lexington car insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent because prices are sent to you instantly. If you wish to get a rate quote for a specific company, just go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies from which to choose. Lexington agents can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you include multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Lexington that may be able to give price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. These agents are well trained on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Lexington willing to provide comparison quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agency requires more thought than just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Lexington?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
Choosing Bolt EV insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Kentucky and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Bolt EV has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy for a much higher rate and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Chevy Bolt EV but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America is overpaying over $869 every year so compare rates at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Persistent drivers can save
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate.
In this article, we presented many ideas to save on Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Lexington. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Lexington car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best rates are with an unexpected company.
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, poor customer service, policy non-renewal or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right auto insurance provider is easier than you think.
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lexington Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)