Trying to find cheaper insurance for your Audi Allroad in Kentucky can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips to find lower rates.
There are both good and bad ways to find insurance online and you need to know the quickest way to quote coverages for your Audi and find the lowest price either online or from Lexington insurance agents.
It’s a great practice to shop coverage around every six months because prices change frequently. Even if you got the lowest price on Audi Allroad insurance in Lexington two years ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re going to learn how to use the internet to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Companies offering Audi Allroad insurance in Lexington
The auto insurance companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Kentucky. If you want the cheapest auto insurance in Kentucky, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Lexington Insurance Costs are Influenced by These Factors
Lots of things are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but other criteria are more transparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
Shown below are some of the items used by your company to calculate your premiums.
Never have coverage lapses – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a fast way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you a revoked license or a big fine. You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Kentucky DMV.
City dwellers may pay more – Being located in a small town can be a good thing when talking about auto insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates. Urban drivers have to deal with more traffic problems and longer commute times. More time behind the wheel means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Good drivers pay better premiums – Attentive drivers get better rates as compared to careless drivers. Even one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance substantially. Drivers unfortunate enough to have severe violations like reckless driving or DUI are required to complete a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
Vehicle features can affect rates – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Liability insurance claims can be big – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection in the event that you are responsible for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
How credit rating affects auto insurance prices – An insured’s credit rating can be an important factor in determining what you pay. Drivers with good credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Audi Allroad if you clean up your credit.
Single drivers take more risk – Walking down the aisle helps lower the price when buying auto insurance. It demonstrates that you tend to be more mature than a single person and it’s proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Don’t abuse claims – Auto insurance companies in Kentucky generally give most affordable rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
Take policy discounts and save on Audi Allroad insurance in Lexington
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Allstate and GEICO will let one accident slide without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Lexington may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Driver Education Discount – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class in school.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less can earn discounted auto insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Lexington auto insurance with certain companies.
- Active Service Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Pay Early and Save – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for emergency military deployment, anti-theft, good student, air bags, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife discounts include multi-policy, accident-free, good driver, good student, claim-free, defensive driver
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- Travelers offers discounts for good student, multi-policy, IntelliDrive, save driver, and payment discounts.
- SAFECO may include discounts for bundle discounts, accident prevention training, drive less, safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, pay-in-full, anti-theft, good driver, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, and good student.
If you are trying to find affordable Audi Allroad insurance quotes, ask each company how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in your state. To see providers that offer the discounts shown above in Lexington, follow this link.
Don’t I need to contact a local insurance agent?
Many people would rather go talk to an agent. Agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from local insurance agencies is important particularly in Lexington.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents in Lexington that provide free Lexington auto insurance quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent because prices are sent to you. If you have a need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you want a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance policy providers can either be exclusive or independent. Both provide insurance policies, but it’s important to know the subtle differences since it can affect the selection process.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not limited to a single company so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you should always check rates from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also have access to companies you’ve never heard of that many times have cheaper rates.
Featured below are independent insurance agents in Lexington that may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
- Heritage Insurance Agency
3306 Clays Mill Rd #106 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 219-1122 – View Map
- Boggs Insurance Agency, Inc.
1353 W Main St # 2 – Lexington, KY 40508 – (859) 977-2055 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Tim Hamilton Insurance Agency Inc
401 Lewis Hargett Cir #130 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 276-1234 – View Map
These agents work for only one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Lexington who can help you get price quotes.
- Bob Pugh – State Farm Insurance Agent
828 Lane Allen Rd #251 – Lexington, KY 40504 – (859) 276-4421 – View Map
- Bill Rea – State Farm Insurance Agent
138 E Reynolds Rd #102 – Lexington, KY 40517 – (859) 273-7373 – View Map
- David Lovejoy – State Farm Insurance Agent
125 Towne Center Dr #125 – Lexington, KY 40511 – (859) 266-2121 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Lexington?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How long has their agency been open in Lexington?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
How much auto insurance do I need?
When choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique and your auto insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- What happens if I owe more than my Audi Allroad is worth?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Audi Allroad?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Be persistent and save
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
You just read some good ideas how to lower your Audi Allroad insurance rates in Lexington. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Steps to buying low-cost Audi Allroad insurance in Lexington
The easiest way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Lexington.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about coverages and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a substandard credit history can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies. View insurance agents
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. This enables a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available at these sites:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota 4Runner in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lexington Car Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Veterans in Lexington? (FAQ)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)