Are you searching for the cheapest auto insurance rates in Lexington, KY? Lexington shoppers have options when shopping for the lowest priced Acura TL insurance. They can either spend hours driving around to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to compare rates.
There are more efficient ways to buy auto insurance and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages on a Acura and get the lowest price from both online companies and Lexington agents.
Reducing your insurance rates doesn’t have to be difficult. The only thing you need to do is take time to compare rates from different insurance companies.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Lexington, KY. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Some providers don’t always list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member can result in better auto insurance rates.
- Online Discount – Certain insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on the web.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of more than 20%.
- Student Discounts – Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home can get you a discount because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Early Switch Discount – A few larger companies offer discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. You may see this discount when you get Lexington car insurance quotes online.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new TL is cheaper since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
The chart below shows the comparison of Acura TL car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts include:
- 21st Century has savings for early bird, air bags, theft prevention, automatic seat belts, student driver, homeowners, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, driver’s education, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide offers discounts including defensive driving, family plan, anti-theft, good student, business or organization, and accident-free.
- Esurance has discounts for good student, homeowner, emergency road assistance, online shopper, anti-lock brakes, and safety device.
- The Hartford discounts include bundle, anti-theft, defensive driver, air bag, good student, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
Check with every company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in Lexington. To choose insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Kentucky, click this link.
Rate information and statistics
The information shown below highlights estimates of coverage prices for Acura TL models. Being aware of how insurance policy rates are figured can be valuable when making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TL 3.5 W/Technology Package||$136||$262||$306||$18||$92||$814||$68|
|TL 3.7 SH AWD||$136||$262||$306||$18||$92||$814||$68|
|TL 3.7 SH W/Technology Package AWD||$136||$302||$306||$18||$92||$854||$71|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can influence premiums greatly.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Acura TL yearly insurance costs for each different age category. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cautious drivers save money
The illustration below shows how speeding tickets and accidents can affect Acura TL insurance costs for different age groups. The rates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Acura TL liability-only versus full coverage
The example below shows the comparison of Acura TL insurance rates with and without full coverage. Data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no set rule of when to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Acura TL claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 a year to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Eight factors that affect insurance costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower premium levels. Lots of factors are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are less obvious like where you live or how financially stable you are.
- Poor credit rating equals high costs – Credit score is a large factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit rating can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Acura TL by repairing your credit. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have worse credit.
- Compare rates if you consolidate your policies – Some companies afford better rates to people that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, you still need to compare Acura TL rates in Lexington to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Getting married can lower premiums – Getting married may cut your premiums compared to being single. It means you’re less irresponsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Liability claims can be big – Liability insurance kicks in if you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Never let your car insurance policy expire – Going without insurance will be a quick way to increase your rates. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you fines or a revoked license. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Kentucky department of motor vehicles.
- File car insurance claims and pay more – Car insurance companies in Kentucky provide cheaper rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
Impacts performance impacts auto insurance costs – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The chart below assumes a single female driver age 20, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Acura TL rates compared to other vehicles that have a range of performance rating factors.
- Know your vehicle’s crash test rating – Safer cars get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety have better occupant injury protection and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you.
Loss statistics for an Acura TL – Insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that tend to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more to insure.
The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for Acura TL vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is considered to be 100. Numbers that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Acura TL Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura TLX 4dr 2WD 90 75 97 93 74 77 Acura TLX 4dr 4WD 120 75BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Comparing quotes from local Lexington insurance agents
Many drivers still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Most agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheaper auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for small agencies is especially important in Lexington.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Lexington who will give you quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an insurer needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Before buying a policy in Lexington, get answers to these questions.
- Does the company have a local claim office in Lexington?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
It’s not one size fits all
When quoting and comparing the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For example, these questions can help discover if your situation might need professional guidance.
- What is glass protection for?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- If my Acura TL is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
How to find a good Lexington auto insurance company
Insuring your vehicle with the best insurer can be difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Lexington. The company ratings in the lists below could help you select which companies you want to consider when comparing rates.
Top 10 Lexington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- Erie Insurance
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Lexington Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
Smart consumers save more
Cheaper auto insurance in Lexington is attainable online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not provide internet price quotes and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
We just presented a lot of techniques to get a better price on Acura TL insurance in Lexington. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Lexington car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with a small mutual company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an insured cut physical damage coverage and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Steps to buying affordable Acura TL insurance in Lexington
The easiest way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates in Lexington is to compare prices annually from providers that insure vehicles in Kentucky.
- Try to comprehend auto insurance and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that increase rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and an imperfect credit score can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper TL coverage is available. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new company. Once received, put the new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze every insurance company. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
More learning opportunities
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lexington Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lexington Auto Insurance for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)